sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Valuegrowth View Post
    Investors are dumping Japanese stocks. Winners are those who have invested in market winners back by fudementals.
    As a technical analyst i'd the other side to that argument.

Last edited by Valuegrowth; 29-09-2023 at 07:25 PM.

Guru

You would have to be a real moron to short NVDA or even to be bearish in any way on this company.

Being a chip manufacturer, margins will expand to at least double where they are today and they will be able to grow revenue easily at 20% a year for the next decade, and they won't require much capital to do so. Nor will they come under attack from anyone or anywhere as they are the only company that can do AI, nobody else even knows what it is. This is NOT a boom bust industry.

Take your current revenue of 30 billion and grow it at 20% for the next decade (lots of companies have done this before not that hard) and then while this is happening double your margins (very simple to do in this industry) and you end up in 2033 with revenue of 220 Billion and a 40% margin sees you with 88 billion net income, then of course after all this you will capitalise at 30 times those earnings for a company worth 2.6 trillion. This will give you a 9% return.

A 9% return for a company growing earnings at 20% a year for a decade and doubling margins and not spending any capital . Simple stuff folks...

Microsoft, Cisco, Intel, IBM, America Online, Oracle, Dell, Sun Micro systems, Qualcomm, Hewlett Packard.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    You would have to be a real moron to short NVDA or even to be bearish in any way on this company.

Being a chip manufacturer, margins will expand to at least double where they are today and they will be able to grow revenue easily at 20% a year for the next decade, and they won't require much capital to do so. Nor will they come under attack from anyone or anywhere as they are the only company that can do AI, nobody else even knows what it is. This is NOT a boom bust industry.

Take your current revenue of 30 billion and grow it at 20% for the next decade (lots of companies have done this before not that hard) and then while this is happening double your margins (very simple to do in this industry) and you end up in 2033 with revenue of 220 Billion and a 40% margin sees you with 88 billion net income, then of course after all this you will capitalise at 30 times those earnings for a company worth 2.6 trillion. This will give you a 9% return.

A 9% return for a company growing earnings at 20% a year for a decade and doubling margins and not spending any capital . Simple stuff folks...

Microsoft, Cisco, Intel, IBM, America Online, Oracle, Dell, Sun Micro systems, Qualcomm, Hewlett Packard.
    The company is not the stock price. You confuse the two.

Us going to shutdown they say

Hope investors don’t panic
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post

Welcome back, SailorRob.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Oh my Lord, give me strength!

Guru

In the short term, yes the company is not the stock price.

I was not talking about the short term.

Many things confuse me, this isn't one.

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    Oh my Lord, give me strength!
    That is a great boomer saying. The stock is still not the company.

Banned

That is a great boomer saying. The stock is still not the company.
    Who's a boomer? Not me.

The stock price of Nvidia is way too low. The company is massively undervalued, which will be corrected very soon I think.