sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    You will get screwed if you hold this stock.
    The beauty of the share market is, we will find out, won't we!

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    That was in reply to Sailor. He can look into the future, and he actually bases it on something. But I cannot for Nvidia.
    I see

Lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    Yes but you told me yesterday I would go broke because I believe that value and price are two different constructs, but here you are calling nivida undervalued. So which is it, can intrinsic value differ from price or not?
    You think you're Warren Buffett, but "value" is only a small part of what Mr Buffett does - he buys Preferred stock, and he get seats on the Board. He's protected from downside if everything goes bad by being first in line over the common folk who have to buy common stock. And he always becomes an actual insider to the companies he buys into, with direct or proxy representation on boards. It's a complete myth that he "value" invests; it's a complete myth that you are doing what he does. You're just stock-picking, and saying Company X that you like has higher "intrinsic" value than the share price - but you're just another punter.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    I see

Lol
    Short Nvidia. Put your money where your mouth is.

https://www.agweb.com/markets/market...utside-markets

Grain and Livestock Futures Mostly Lower: Funds Sell with Risk Off Outside Markets, Possible Govt. Shutdown

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    The beginning of the beginning of AI. So obvious it's hard to fathom even boomers who don't get this.

It's like the year 2000 for the Internet, the beginning of the beginning of a massive new industry that took over the world.

But this is even bigger.
    "But this is even bigger."

It is. Another way of looking at it: these incredible chipsets from Nvidia and their A.I. software (and A.I. software from other companies too) are like MS-DOS computer graphics from the 1980s.
    Last edited by Azz; 30-09-2023 at 12:05 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    This is not a prediction, it's an obvious fact.

I'd like to add another up though.

Up and up and UPPPP.

And up.

The math is irrefutable.
    Your math is pretty good (and stated on this thread), much better than mine!

Some of the biggest tech winners in 2010. Which ones are doing well even now?

https://www.businessinsider.com/best...h-2010-2010-12
    15 Biggest Tech Winners In 2010

https://vocal.media/01/biggest-tech-...es-of-all-time
    Biggest Tech Failures of All Time

Wich tech will lead in the comkng decade? Which teck will fail in the coming decade .Thanks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Valuegrowth View Post
    https://www.agweb.com/markets/market...utside-markets

Grain and Livestock Futures Mostly Lower: Funds Sell with Risk Off Outside Markets, Possible Govt. Shutdown
    Valuegrowth, just want to say thanks for you posting articles, videos, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    You think you're Warren Buffett, but "value" is only a small part of what Mr Buffett does - he buys Preferred stock, and he get seats on the Board. He's protected from downside if everything goes bad by being first in line over the common folk who have to buy common stock. And he always becomes an actual insider to the companies he buys into, with direct or proxy representation on boards. It's a complete myth that he "value" invests; it's a complete myth that you are doing what he does. You're just stock-picking, and saying Company X that you like has higher "intrinsic" value than the share price - but you're just another punter.
    Buffett is the worlds best capital allocator without a question, which is why I strive to mimic his investing style. If I am half as good as he has been and manage a 5% edge over the SP500 in my life with no total loss of capital events then I will be extremely wealthy.

Let's say that's true, Buffett only buys preferred stock (WTH?) and trades on inside information, how do you think Buffett started? Buffett's returns in the partnership day's were far superior since he was working with small sums of capital initially. I wouldn't comment on how Buffett chooses to invest if I were you - you clearly have no clue.
    Last edited by ValueNZ; 30-09-2023 at 12:20 PM.