sharetrader

View Poll Results: Which party to you intend to give your PARTY vote to?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • National

8 19.51%
  • Labour

2 4.88%
  • ACT

18 43.90%
  • The Greens

0 0%
  • Te Pāti Māori

1 2.44%
  • NZF

5 12.20%

6 14.63%
  • Another party

0 0%
  • Still undecided

0 0%
  • Not voting

1 2.44%

Hybrid View

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Interesting that you don't share your result. Was I right that you are an extremist or are you embarrassed because you are more aligned with Labour?

I wouldn't take the results too seriously just interested out of curiosity. I was more wondering if we all clustered around the centre or if it is only me.

I thought we might find Balance and Panda NZ and BlackPeter and AZZ not that far from each other at the end of the day. I wouldn't over analyse it though.

For example I think the strongest green voter bases are in the wealthiest electorates so you can be concerned about the environment and be rich. Probably the wealthy liberals telling us to stop oil and farming as they won't be the ones suffering from rising prices at the end of the day.
    My result is irrelevant, and I explained why. There is no way I could possibly be 'embarrassed' by the 'result', as the result is rendered meaningless by the poorly designed questions.

Let me be clear: I do not place any store in 'Vote Compass', it is a cheap parlour trick, a stupid gimmick.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    My result is irrelevant, and I explained why. There is no way I could possibly be 'embarrassed' by the 'result', as the result is rendered meaningless by the poorly designed questions.

Let me be clear: I do not place any store in 'Vote Compass', it is a cheap parlour trick, a stupid gimmick.
    Of course its all irrelevant and the questions are simple and loaded. But the same thing could be said about just about every discussion on this site, at the end of the day they are just personal opinions and in reality quite irrelevant !!
    I just looked at it as a bit of fun, like a quiz or a puzzle

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Of course its all irrelevant and the questions are simple and loaded. But the same thing could be said about just about every discussion on this site, at the end of the day they are just personal opinions and in reality quite irrelevant !!
    I just looked at it as a bit of fun, like a quiz or a puzzle
    Yeah, but often people don't. I've seen responses in the past where people are amazed to 'find out' they are actually a different political animal than they thought they were, then I point out the flaws....then it's suddenly 'yeah, I just thought it was a bit of fun'. Take the bloke who thinks I'd be 'embarrassed' to 'find out' I'm actually 'more aligned with Labour'. Trust me, there are people who are taking it seriously, or at least....did initially take it seriously.

Permanent Newbie

Agreed.

According to compass I am the most level headed even handed person going into this election. That is not what I hear from people who know me.

Still interested to know your result, just out of interest. How about this, without giving too much away are you further right and lower down than ACT?

I suspect Logen and Iceman are freaked out by how accurately me and the Compass quiz labled them and do not like it.

Guru

Agreed.

According to compass I am the most level headed even handed person going into this election. That is not what I hear from people who know me.

Still interested to know your result, just out of interest. How about this, without giving too much away are you further right and lower down than ACT?

I suspect Logen and Iceman are freaked out by how accurately me and the Compass quiz labled them and do not like it.
    Again, why on earth would I be 'freaked out' or 'embarrassed'?

Permanent Newbie

Again, why on earth would I be 'freaked out' or 'embarrassed'?
    Just wondering why you don't want to share your results with us?

It is just a joke poll and as you say, you can't read too much into it. Just interesting to compare results with impressions I have of people based on their posts in these election threads.

With Balance's lack of opposition to capital gains tax he might land closer to Labour than any of us might believe.

An important part of the election process is the right to privacy so don't let me upset you.

Banned

With Balance's lack of opposition to capital gains tax he might land closer to Labour than any of us might believe.
    What the hell is this........? That can't be true?!

Permanent Newbie

I would expect Azz to fall somewhere close to NZ First as a first class sh*t stirrer he and Winston must be closely aligned.

Thinking about the grid further, how come NZF is right on the x axis wouldn't that mean they are borderline crazy.

Don't tell me you landed in the bottom right hand corner Logen?
    Last edited by Aaron; 30-09-2023 at 04:20 PM.

Banned

I would expect Azz to fall somewhere close to NZ First as a first class sh*t stirrer he and Winston must be closely aligned.
    I love Winston. It took a few years, but I've forgiven him for going with Labour in 2017.

Guru

Just wondering why you don't want to share your results with us?

It is just a joke poll and as you say, you can't read too much into it. Just interesting to compare results with impressions I have of people based on their posts in these election threads.

An important part of the election process is the right to privacy so don't let me upset you.

Really? The Labour PM is opposed to the introduction of a Capital Gains Tax.

Chris Hipkins has ruled out introducing a wealth tax or capital gains tax if Labour is re-elected in October. "I'm confirming today that under a government I lead there will be no wealth or capital gains tax after the election. End of story," Hipkins said in a statement.