Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
Yup - I am still talking about Labour because the damage they have done to NZ is going to take decades to repair.

And btw, why were you so tolerant of them (Labour) blaming all their failures in the last 6 years on previous administrations? Why was that ok with you?

As per Chris Trotter’s piece above, let’s hope National/ACT act decisively on the mandate for change given to them in this election and cut out the cancerous divisive and racist policies put in place by Ardern, Hipkins and Labour.

That’s why it is important to remind NZers what Labour had been about until the cancer is removed.

You savvy, moka?
I’m very savvy Balance, and thank you for asking.
We have had a change of government, so no longer Labour = democracy, but what hasn’t changed is the demonisation of the Labour party on these threads by some people, as demonstrated by the title of this thread: The Betrayal of NZ by Ardern, Hipkins and Labour.
So what we see displayed here is populism, not democracy. Populism is the politics of resentment.

Ray Dalio talking about populism. We can learn from history about what happens when populism flourishes.

27:19 So in the 1930 to 1945 period four democracies chose to be autocratic leaders that was Germany, Italy, Spain and Japan because the conflict became so great and each side had populism. By populism I mean not willingness to accept losing, they believe the system isn't fair and that they want to fight, find the people who will fight and win for them, and when they have those people who will fight and win for them you have irreconcilable differences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jVJMD9xNUk
Ray Dalio on the Great Wealth Transfer and Rising Internal Conflict