sharetrader
Page 1378 of 1436 FirstFirst ... 37887812781328136813741375137613771378137913801381138213881428 ... LastLast
Results 13,771 to 13,780 of 14352

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    We know that you post just for YOU.
    If only you receive 10% of the messages thanking me for my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Clueless Cindy is my one source of truth. I am so lost without her dedication to total transparency, honesty and undoubted leadership.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    A few points to note:

1. I specifically wrote ‘paywalled’ so can’t help it if you still click and expect to read the article.

2. I know the editor personally and have asked him before about copying and pasting a whole article. It is breach of copyright to do so and therefore, they will take action if/when this is brought to their attention.

They are okay however with a written summation & some excerpts with the link to their paywalled articles. Kinda advert for them I guess in a way.
    Well, I don't know him or her, but I'd bet my left testicle they wouldn't bother enforcing copywrite for posting on sharetrader.
    Incidentally, a paywalled article has no more protection than the rest of the newspaper.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 24-10-2023 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Well, I don't know him or her, but I'd bet my left testicle they wouldn't bother enforcing copywrite for posting on sharetrader.
    Incidentally, a paywalled article has no more protection than the rest of the newspaper.
    Do it then and let’s see what ST & Vince think of your action.

I will happily send you the full text of a paywalled article to let you test your testicles!

Legend

Do it then and let’s see what ST & Vince think of your action.

I will happily send you the full text of a paywalled article to let you test your testicles!

Nothing wrong with either one.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 24-10-2023 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

If you want to understand how National destroyed more than a Billion dollars in the GFC, than it is worthwhile to read "The Billion Dollar Bonfire" from Chris Lee. Interesting to learn how an absolutely clueless and out of their depth government drove SFC into bankruptcy and made sure that the only one making money from the malaisse was the liquidator. It was the Key government, which was responsible that the family silver (like e.g. SCL) form SCL was basically given away for free and the tax payer was covering the losses out of this idiocy.
    Chris Lee? Zero credibility. Zero. Zilch. Big '0'.

The Chris Lee who had his own finance companies' rating system which he abandoned and deleted from all sites/records when one after another of the finance companies he rated went under?

The Chris Lee who held Allan Hubbard in the highest esteem and put numerous clients' monies into South Canterbury Finance?

I had a bit to do with assessing South Canterbury Finance in the day and I can tell you that Allan Hubbard was totally out of his depth and treated SCF's funds like he was Santa Claus.

Too many cases and examples of how he simply doled out the money with bugger all documentation and follow up.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...JOKJRS45PQCV4/
    paywalled

Excerpt :

Hubbard, whose parsimonious lifestyle - he lived in a modest home and drove a decades-old car despite being worth $650m at his peak - was in failing health and his 80s when the collapse came, with problems exacerbated by a business style later described by a High Court justice as "less than orthodox" that relied on hand-written ledgers, handshakes and shuffling financial deckchairs.

Fisk said the standout feature of SCF, compared to other failed finance companies he administered, was "a lack of records".

"When we had to go searching for things when litigation was involved, that would be the main difference with the other finance companies: You couldn't find anything to support decision-making," he said.

Hubbard faced a raft of Serious Fraud Office charges over his private investment vehicles, but died in a car crash in 2011 while the SFO was probing SCF. Its owner and chief executive was considered to be a "person of interest".

Hubbard's boardroom colleagues were left to face the SFO music by themselves in a 2014 trial that became one of the country's longest running. The defence largely pinned blame, if there was any conceded, on their dead colleague.
    Last edited by Balance; 24-10-2023 at 06:30 PM.

Nothing wrong with either one.
    Good to know!

Best not to risk the left one then!

Legend

Chris Lee? Zero credibility. Zero. Zilch. Big '0'.

The Chris Lee who had his own finance companies' rating system which he abandoned and deleted from all sites/records when one after another of the finance companies he rated went under?

The Chris Lee who held Allan Hubbard in the highest esteem and put numerous clients' monies into South Canterbury Finance?

I had a bit to do with assessing South Canterbury Finance in the day and I can tell you that Allan Hubbard was totally out of his depth and treated SCF's funds like he was Santa Claus.

Too many cases and examples of how he simply doled out the money with bugger all documentation and follow up.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...JOKJRS45PQCV4/
    paywalled

Excerpt :

Hubbard, whose parsimonious lifestyle - he lived in a modest home and drove a decades-old car despite being worth $650m at his peak - was in failing health and his 80s when the collapse came, with problems exacerbated by a business style later described by a High Court justice as "less than orthodox" that relied on hand-written ledgers, handshakes and shuffling financial deckchairs.

Fisk said the standout feature of SCF, compared to other failed finance companies he administered, was "a lack of records".

"When we had to go searching for things when litigation was involved, that would be the main difference with the other finance companies: You couldn't find anything to support decision-making," he said.

Hubbard faced a raft of Serious Fraud Office charges over his private investment vehicles, but died in a car crash in 2011 while the SFO was probing SCF. Its owner and chief executive was considered to be a "person of interest".

Hubbard's boardroom colleagues were left to face the SFO music by themselves in a 2014 trial that became one of the country's longest running. The defence largely pinned blame, if there was any conceded, on their dead colleague.
    Much better. (or as our army officer used to say - back in the days when we had compulsory military training at school "much more betterer")
    Well done!

Membaa

Maybe you misspelt 'copyright' on purpose, to cover for your willingness for others to breach the terms of use for both NZME and Sharetrader, while defending that by saying neither have "no more protection"? All this because you don't like people posting paywalled links and are too miserly yourself to take up a paid subscription of your own.

FP, Don't be so tight. If you want to read the articles, pay for it. And people wonder why independent journalism is suffering.

A long hard road ahead for Labour to win back the working class who were previously staunch Labour voters, come hell or high water.

Pandering to Mahuta, Jackson & the Maori cabal has cost Labour dearly and no thanks to Ardern (spineless & clueless according to Chris Trotter), Labour has ended up losing both the Maori votes as well as the Working Class votes!

https://democracyproject.nz/2023/10/...working-class/

Excerpt :

"Neither Ardern, nor her successor, Chris Hipkins, had the intellectual or ideological sophistication to argue either For or Against the revolutionary ideas contained in the He Puapua Report. Nor did they possess the courage to follow Helen Clark’s example of political intransigence.

Labour made no case for co-governance because it couldn’t. For the previous 40 years it had put “all that Treaty stuff” into the too-hard, or the too-scary, basket. When the sovereignty hand grenade finally exploded, in the second term of the Sixth Labour Government, the best Labour could manage was to blame the resulting injury to the New Zealand body politic on the “racism” of the people whose votes it would need to go on governing.

Unsurprisingly, it didn’t get them. Almost accidentally, Labour discovered what it would take to make the working-class stop voting for it. Not the Pasefika working-class, admittedly, but the “settler” working-class – made up of Pakeha New Zealanders and the children and grandchildren of immigrant workers. Making those citizens feel as though they had, somehow, to justify their right to participate in shaping their nation’s future: that was the crucial catalyst for electoral defection.

Like their European and American counterparts, the New Zealand working-class has completed its historical journey from Left to Right.

And it ain’t going back."