sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    If you're unable to beat the results you would obtain by just staying long the sp500 over a long period, why do you do all this queer stuff? You enjoy it?

If you have been able to exceed the market returns, by how much and for how long?
    Asked and answered on multiple occasions.
    You stick to your knitting & I'll stick to mine.

Your childish behavior is just plain tedious.

But the economy is on fire! 😅
    What crack are you smoking.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Asked and answered on multiple occasions.
    You stick to your knitting & I'll stick to mine.

Your childish behavior is just plain tedious.

But the economy is on fire! 😅
    What crack are you smoking.
    Yes you've told us you can't get the results of just the market average, so what are you playing at?

Yeah, lots of stuff I'm trying to get and get done is all booked out until well into next year, anyone anywhere can get a job instantly, it's mayhem in the real world.

No lack of demand anywhere at all.

Yes you've told us you can't get the results of just the market average, so what are you playing at?

Yeah, lots of stuff I'm trying to get and get done is all booked out until well into next year, anyone anywhere can get a job instantly, it's mayhem in the real world.

No lack of demand anywhere at all.
    I said nothing of the sort.
    You love making stuff up.

Wake up on the wrong side of bed this morning did we and decide, today I am going to get back to trolling?

How about contributing something productive and worth while, rather than either derogatory or self congratulating clap trap?

You really are just turning into a snooze fest with all this repetitious BS.
    Last edited by Daytr; 03-11-2023 at 11:56 AM.

In the short run we find volatility. Cannot expect strong uptrend in the short run given the historically high asset prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Valuegrowth View Post
    In the short run we find volatility. Cannot expect strong uptrend in the short run given the historically high asset prices.
    Volatility is the trader's friend.

Investments

• The Q3 labour market release had a slightly softer underbelly than both we or the RBNZ expected. In big picture terms, the Q3 data hinted that the imbalance between labour supply and demand is perhaps resolving a little faster than we had previously thought.
    • While this isn’t a game changer for the November MPS (where a hold is unanimously expected), it does shift the risk profile around a February hike a little. We’d say our call for a hike in February is now pencilled in a shade lighter than previously (but pencilled in nonetheless).
    • We remain comfortable with our prior assessment that the next move is more likely to be a hike than a cut. Indeed, a lot still needs to go right before the RBNZ can confidently declare victory over domestic (and potentially sticky) inflation, which has barely budged from its recent peak.

Views of ANZ which is now the only Bank expecting Feb OCR hike other then our own Bull ...lol ..at least they acknowledge that situation improving faster then their expectations !!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    I said nothing of the sort.
    You love making stuff up.

Wake up on the wrong side of bed this morning did we and decide, today I am going to get back to trolling?

How about contributing something productive and worth while, rather than either derogatory or self congratulating clap trap?

You really are just turning into a snooze fest with all this repetitious BS.
    Woke up to an investors dream, Markel down 12% on great earnings.

Massive holding for me, best thing that can ever happen is for it to plummet.

Gayner buying up large for personal and massive buybacks, sailor in there too.

Banned

But perhaps I should instead be trading the DOW and gold!

Woke up to an investors dream, Markel down 12% on great earnings.

Massive holding for me, best thing that can ever happen is for it to plummet.

Gayner buying up large for personal and massive buybacks, sailor in there too.
    But your fully invested right?
    Or so you keep saying. Amazing how you seem to have funds available when a stock dips when you borrow multiples of your net worth and are always fully invested.

But I don't really give a rats what you do, that's your business, as is my trading, is mine.
    But for some reason it riles you.
    Some deep seated flaw there you might want to analyze.
    Last edited by Daytr; 03-11-2023 at 12:22 PM.

But your fully invested right?
    Or so you keep saying. Amazing how you seem to have funds available when a stock dips when you borrow multiples of your net worth and are always fully invested.

This is one of the trickiest things IMO. How to keep funding around in case of opportunities. Anyone care to share how they do this?
    Only invest 80%, oncall deposit earning subpar returns, sell stuff?