sharetrader
Page 724 of 737 FirstFirst ... 224624674714720721722723724725726727728734 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,240 of 7369
    ... have power to make you great

Warehouse had a fair number of shoppers this afternoon, more customers than at bunnings. Kiwis need shopping therapy more than splurging on renos

must be next friday now

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    I agree, went into a two different Warehouse stores, one pre Christmas and one yesterday on Boxing day, pretty empty - hardly anyone in them, lots of empty shelves and damaged stock and general untidiness - but what was most striking was how few people were in there buying anything. Didnt get a good feeling - especially the lack of stock and lack of any good deals. Torpedo7 was much the same, except seem to have a massive overstock of bikes and not a lot else, stores a mess and again a lot of opened and damaged stock, was looking at wetsuits no "normal sizes" only giant sizes or midgets, that seemed to be common, cant even give them money so left and bought one at Rebel.

Then I made a silly mistake of going to Kmart - queue for the checkouts must have been the length of the store, people with jammed trolleys, store also a mess - but a different sort, because people had just been going wild. I know who I would be investing with.

If the numbers are just average, it will definitely be a surprise.
    Queues in kmart are insane, they lose so much custom from people putting down their clothes and walking out rather than endure the queue. But at least they have queues, the cashiers at the warehouse twiddling their thumbs.

As for torpedo 7 they do have some decent gear, lots of it is probably bought online, but they are a shambles like you say.

A mate of mine wanted to buy one of their kayaks for 499 in the sale, only one they had to show him was broken, (tower junction store) said they could order him one, but the fact they only had one broken one in stock was enough to put him right off, so he went elsewhere.

... have power to make you great

Div yield of just over 5 percent 5.06% is poor, my intuition says the share price needs to drop to reflect this. I even picked whs in the share challenge as a retail story for 2024 but having second thoughts. Term deposit interest rates coming down may help

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Div yield of just over 5 percent 5.06% is poor, my intuition says the share price needs to drop to reflect this. I even picked whs in the share challenge as a retail story for 2024 but having second thoughts. Term deposit interest rates coming down may help
    This one shows absolutely no signs of turn around.

Kmart killing them
    Torpedo 7 and TheMarket killing them

They need to make some hard decisions.
    BTC went to $69K and now $16K. Good thing I’ve been warning you since it was $3K! I was right!

Haven't had to queue at the WHS in both Auckland and Tauranga for months now.

I do enjoy buying from Torpedo on the Farmlands card. Excellent discounts.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Haven't had to queue at the WHS in both Auckland and Tauranga for months now.

I do enjoy buying from Torpedo on the Farmlands card. Excellent discounts.
    Wasn't aware on the Farmlands discount.....thanks!!

Although generally it is a painful shopping experience, especially online......currently saying order delays, maybe 10 days for small items and 26 days (!!) for large items, including with click & collect.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Wasn't aware on the Farmlands discount.....thanks!!

Although generally it is a painful shopping experience, especially online......currently saying order delays, maybe 10 days for small items and 26 days (!!) for large items, including with click & collect.
    The 26 day delay at torpedo 7 is ridiculous. Stuff like kayaks, tents etc people want for their summer holidays, can't see many putting up with a 26 day delay

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    The 26 day delay at torpedo 7 is ridiculous. Stuff like kayaks, tents etc people want for their summer holidays, can't see many putting up with a 26 day delay
    It’s outrageous - almost a case study in how to stop customers in giving you their money.

Not that I am a frequent reddit user but there is a very recent thread on the warehouse in personal finance nz on the severe operational challenges besetting TP7 and other TWG subsidiaries. Some significant strife occurring .

Quote Originally Posted by Muse View Post
    It’s outrageous - almost a case study in how to stop customers in giving you their money.

Not that I am a frequent reddit user but there is a very recent thread on the warehouse in personal finance nz on the severe operational challenges besetting TP7 and other TWG subsidiaries. Some significant strife occurring .

i saw that too Muse. Anyone entertaining the thought of putting your money near them should give it a read.

i don’t short but if I did WHS would be one of my top candidates