sharetrader
Page 684 of 690 FirstFirst ... 184584634674680681682683684685686687688 ... LastLast
Results 6,831 to 6,840 of 6900

“Little bit of attention from multi nationals” is the interesting part..

according to Hot Copper the deal falls through if PAR shares fall below $35 (and below 18% scrip uptake)- fingers crossed
    Last edited by Schrodinger; 12-03-2024 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    No, we won't will we. Another NZ success story, sold (bought!) to/by an Aus predator (at great cost to shareholders) and now being sold for a song a few months later.

Bloody disappointing the Houden elders capitulating for their 5x revenue multiple and a comfortable (very) retirement. Should've sold ages ago when this turned into a family business with old people as the majority owners.

In hindsight this was just their exit strategy and by gosh, they've executed it very cleverly, unlike us minnows who get a wee boost on their buy out share price and no realistic involvement with the future.

I'll be voting NO, but my shareholding won't make a dent in the concensus.

Looks like it's all over for me and TSK, unless some of the fine print conditions are triggered and this doesn't go ahead.
    The best deal if you accept is the PAR shares which will benefit from TASK upside potential. I don’t like the offer butI am favouring the 50% cash and scrip if forced.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    The best deal if you accept is the PAR shares which will benefit from TASK upside potential. I don’t like the offer butI am favouring the 50% cash and scrip if forced.
    PAR might benefit, but let's face it, TSK are a rounding error on PAR's revenue. PAR are basically (imho) just trying to buy the McD's client base and get a few much smaller clients with it. They'll also get a new tech stack which they can pick and choose from, as to whether they incorporate it over time, or ditch some it if they have something better.

My hangup is that until yesterday, I had only known of PAR as a competitor to TSK/PLX, but I'd never considered investing in them. Now I'm offered up to 50% of my share holding in PAR script, or a payout of 100%. It'll take a while to get my head around whether PAR is a good investment or not, but either way I don't think adding TSK is much more than acquiring the lions share of McD's, which we already have!

Anyway, having read the fine print, this deal is like swiss cheese, there are a lot of little gotcha's that if not satisfied, the deal is off. I'd expect quite a few folks to sell out on market while the SP will hover around the buyout price.

And I don't think I'll get over that the TSK Board have endorsed an offer as cheap as $AU 0.81, less than half what PLX was a while ago. Just shows they're weak and beholden to the Houden elders.

Advanced Member

https://www.investing.com/news/stock...s-93CH-3334576

I can definitely see this share getting over 0.81 AUD cents on market in the near future
    Last edited by Ggcc; 13-03-2024 at 08:09 AM.

PAR have been at it a long time to still be "aiming for profitability" ...

Quote Originally Posted by dln View Post
    PAR have been at it a long time to still be "aiming for profitability" ...

Just like Task eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Both PAR and TSK not profitable.

PAR trading 3x revenue and paid 5x revenue for TSK.

Looks like they overpaid

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Just like Task eh
    Unlike me aye lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Both PAR and TSK not profitable.

PAR trading 3x revenue and paid 5x revenue for TSK.

Looks like they overpaid

Makes you wonder why anybody would pay 5 times revenue for an outfit that will never make much money

Oh well, that’s how the world goes these days
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Makes you wonder why anybody would pay 5 times revenue for an outfit that will never make much money

Oh well, that’s how the world goes these days
    I am not sure if to invest further into the Task journey, but how long did Amazon run without profit?