sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mike2020 View Post
    It does happen, I literally know people from the Philippines who have bought here, some fairly recently. I also know how hard they are finding todays interest rates and I know a few renting who find it even harder. A percentage of them do not plan on retiring here, over 50%. Not stats just people I talk to. They now consider they had a better quality of life back home, see the irony?

They don't tend to spend large like kiwis do. Most have kids in school here and are on two incomes and often one is a higher earner with a trade.
    It is sad though that many families with both parents working hard cannot establish their own homes here. And sad too that many young Kiwis stay overseas for longer and not just for a few years of OE. Coming home to raise a family in a stand alone house with a garden for the kids is beyond reach for many without wealthy parents. So why not stay in an apartment overseas.

I guess it is why this coalition want to open up the housing market more to local investors and rich overseas based buyers again, ‘coz locally based buyers who just want to buy a home just don’t have enough money to keep this Ponzi-like scheme afloat.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 13-03-2024 at 06:09 PM.

Guru

Back down goes the share price. OCA is really a stock for traders at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by jagger View Post
    Really, immigrants from the third world moving to a country with some of the highest living costs in the world, and earning in most cases less than median wage (~25/hr) are able to save a deposit?

Honestly I'd love to see the stats on that because if it's just vibes then it's totally (TOTALLY) lacking in perspective of how hard it is living on a wage like that in NZ at the moment.

Most of these people will have next to no disposable income remaining at the end of a work week, especially if they live in Auckland.
    Then what? You think they are able to save, let's be generous and assume 5% of $600k, $30,000 within 1-2 years?

Really? People really believe this happens?
    Are we that brain damaged by our obscene real estate market?
    I wasn't referring to immigrants from the 3rd world unless you call the UK & South Africa 3rd world.
    But I have also across plenty of immigrants from Europe & the States. There are also a lot of Kiwis that have returned home in the last few years after successful careers overseas.

And not all immigrants are earning minimum wage either.

And some immigrants, especially some farm workers are provided with accommodation, so actually they can save a lot of what they earn.
    Last edited by Daytr; 13-03-2024 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    I wasn't referring to immigrants from the 3rd world unless you call the UK & South Africa 3rd world.
    But I have also across plenty of immigrants from Europe & the States. There are also a lot of Kiwis that have returned home in the last few years after successful careers overseas.

And some immigrants, especially some farm workers are provided with accommodation, so actually they can save a lot of what they earn.
    South Africa is definitely not 1st world in the same league as UK!

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...F5OYTMFNJBYEI/

"The net migration gain in 2023 was mainly driven by citizens of India, the Philippines, China, Fiji and South Africa."

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post

Correct and they work hard,I know some ,husband and wife,he has two jobs.They don't know what the word holiday means and they spend very little on luxuries like eating out.Fast savers this example.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Back down goes the share price. OCA is really a stock for traders at the moment.
    There is no conviction behind OCA's bounce from the index sell down - 30m+ shares are a lot for the market to absorb but absorb the market will until OCA's sp bottoms out.

Traders cannot sell forever.

Absolutely wonderful btw to have that female loser, Joshuatree, in Ignore.

So very very satisfying!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    There is no conviction behind OCA's bounce from the index sell down - 30m+ shares are a lot for the market to absorb but absorb the market will until OCA's sp bottoms out.

Traders cannot sell forever.
    just buy then sell non - stop 1c bid / offer is all it takes over time to make lots. OCA good trader stock. i be surprised if OCA, RYM , ARV dont go new lows at some stage
    one step ahead of the herd

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Absolutely wonderful btw to have that female loser, Joshuatree, in Ignore.

So very very satisfying!
    It's great being rent free in BlubberBalances head👍😉

Good news …REINZ report huge increase in number of sales in February v February last year. Auckland was standout.

More momentum in sales activity and getting back to historical levels

Good for OCA as sales, sales and even more sales are needed

And prices pretty good as well
    https://www.reinz.co.nz/Web/Web/News...perty%20market
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”