sharetrader
Page 1424 of 1435 FirstFirst ... 4249241324137414141420142114221423142414251426142714281434 ... LastLast
Results 14,231 to 14,240 of 14347

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Speaking of extremism.
    Extreme views on display for all to see.
    The truth = extreme views.

I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    The truth = extreme views.

I love it!
    Balance, the source of truth! 🤣
    Everyone talks about Labour's non delivery.
    Well against some of the promises they made the delivery was poor.

National just didn't make promises and swept the huge structural deficiencies NZ was and is facing under the carpet.
    Water was a significant issue during National's nine years, what did they do about it?
    Housing?
    They sold out New Zealanders by selling of half the power companies against the will of the nation. And we are all still paying for that one.

Which is worse? Doing nothing or doing something albeit inefficiently?
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Balance, the source of truth! ��
    Everyone talks about Labour's non delivery.
    Well against some of the promises they made the delivery was poor.

National just didn't make promises and swept the huge structural deficiencies NZ was and is facing under the carpet.
    Water was a significant issue during National's nine years, what did they do about it?
    Housing?
    They sold out New Zealanders by selling of half the power companies against the will of the nation. And we are all still paying for that one.

Which is worse? Doing nothing or doing something albeit inefficiently?
    The very successful partial privatisation was a clear election policy that the opposition fought hard against and lost. You are trying to rewrite history

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The very successful partial privatisation was a clear election policy that the opposition fought hard against and lost. You are trying to rewrite history
    Seriously? You are doing exactly what you are accusing me of.
    The referendum held over the sales had an overwhelming NO to the sales with 2/3rds of those who participated saying no to the sales.

I can present many more articles from the time that said it was a mistake and bad move for the country to sell off some of its best retirning assets. Would you like to see them?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/asset-...5JP7JJNQZWQ64/

Beautiful day here, I'm off to enjoy it.
    Last edited by Daytr; 11-03-2024 at 10:14 AM.

Guru

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...FAVQSIYFDKSC4/

Should be an interesting documentary film.

Ardern not too happy about it by the sounds of it.

Good that these guys do not involve the subjects at all. I wouldn’t watch it if Cindy had a hand in any part of it.

Nor would I if they did one on John Key or any other politician and they were involved.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...FAVQSIYFDKSC4/

Should be an interesting documentary film.

Ardern not too happy about it by the sounds of it.

She is only not happy with the controversy it is generating. She is fine with the content.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    She is only not happy with the controversy it is generating. She is fine with the content.
    All I have seen reported is that she is distancing herself from the documentary and insiders say she is not happy.

Where have you read that she is fine with the topic/content but just unhappy with the controversy being generated? What controversy?

Please share whatever you are reading so I can take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    All I have seen reported is that she is distancing herself from the documentary and insiders say she is not happy.

Where have you read that she is fine with the topic/content but just unhappy with the controversy being generated? What controversy?

Please share whatever you are reading so I can take a look.
    I'm reading between the lines.

Guru

I'm reading between the lines.
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

One thing we know very very well with Ardern - everything and anything she does (and did) is for enhancing her brand and profile - nothing to do with doing good for others. It’s all spin and bs - proof is when she quit when it was clear to her that a majority of NZers had woken up and decided she was a fraud. A clueless and useless bs artist.

So her refusal to comment is telling imo.

The key paragraph is this one :

“In a synopsis, the documentary is described as “a social excavation of the rise and fall of the young female leader, Jacinda Ardern, exploring how the mania that propelled her rise later collided with a backlash of hate, told through a bold mash-up of media and peer archive”.

She must be mortified that she cannot control the narrative of the film and there are going to be some extremely in complimentary comments and observations of how she went from unrivalled popularity to downright disdain by the majority of NZers.

I now looking forward to the film.