sharetrader
Page 2029 of 2122 FirstFirst ... 1029152919291979201920252026202720282029203020312032203320392079 ... LastLast
Results 20,281 to 20,290 of 21215

I phrased my post intentionally subjective to see how others reacted.
    Does anyone else listen to Modest Mouse? Their album "Good News for People Who Love Bad News" describes a few posters here on the OCA thread

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatestben View Post
    I phrased my post intentionally subjective to see how others reacted.
    Does anyone else listen to Modest Mouse? Their album "Good News for People Who Love Bad News" describes a few posters here on the OCA thread
    More of a TOOL man myself. I was surprised to learn the other day that NZ is their biggest selling market per capita.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    It’s good that Oceania Retained Deficit’ (accumulative losses); >$200m in 2017 have reduced to about $37m as at Sept last.

Might even wipe that out next week ….then they call that line on Balance Sheet “Retained Earnings”
    You don't retain earnings Sport, when other people are happy to cheaply finance your business and thus your cash flows without the ability to call capital back.

You may recall Warren explaining to us that there are many businesses out there, some very large, that can operate with no equity capital at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    You don't retain earnings Sport, when other people are happy to cheaply finance your business and thus your cash flows without the ability to call capital back.

You may recall Warren explaining to us that there are many businesses out there, some very large, that can operate with no equity capital at all.
    Think I get what you’re meaning mate ……but Oceania have retained about $200m of earnings since listing as well as borrowing about $150m to give dividends to shareholders
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

I currently have one of my houses for sale and will only sell at a small discount (lower than what I bought it for in 2021). I am happy to wait until house prices start rising as soon as interest rates start dropping and I totally feel they will start dropping by the end of the year. I have met people who say the same who are selling their properties.

2025 we will see house prices take off again and I feel all the retirement village stocks will as well.

... have power to make you great

Maybe they could use your advice. You could also visit 'the other place' to discuss shares in depth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    I currently have one of my houses for sale and will only sell at a small discount (lower than what I bought it for in 2021). I am happy to wait until house prices start rising as soon as interest rates start dropping and I totally feel they will start dropping by the end of the year. I have met people who say the same who are selling their properties.

2025 we will see house prices take off again and I feel all the retirement village stocks will as well.

Given that no human in recorded history has a statistically significant track record of 'totally feeling' where rates will be in 7 months, I wouldn't bank on your totally cool vibes too much.

Check out the dot plots of the professional bond traders, pro economists etc..

So in 2025, what multiple does your feelings tell you that home prices to incomes will expand out to? Or are incomes going to go up bigly.

Interested in what you totally feel.

Consider that currently they are up there with the highest in history in the world, Japan in the 80's and Canada now probably higher.
    Last edited by SailorRob; 19-05-2024 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Think I get what you’re meaning mate ……but Oceania have retained about $200m of earnings since listing as well as borrowing about $150m to give dividends to shareholders
    And borrowed big too to buy ever more expensive land and fund ever more costly developments which are now in stock at highly inflated values.

Great strategy!
    Last edited by Balance; 19-05-2024 at 11:27 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    And borrowed big too to buy ever more expensive land and fund ever more costly developments which are now in stock at highly inflated values.

Great strategy!
    It's a very good strategy, but not great.