sharetrader
Page 1927 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 92714271827187719171923192419251926192719281929193019311937 ... LastLast
Results 19,261 to 19,270 of 19418

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    you should be studing nvidia from your value perspective to work out where you went wrong in your thinking that OCA is superior to nvidia in growth outlook based on your anaylsis. your $1000 per mth in nvidia would have made you much more money than 1000 IN OCA.
    I recall you suggested nvidia was way overvalued at a much lower price.
    I suggest re-reading what I actually posted bull. Yes I called it overvalued. I stand by that statement today.

No doubt it's an amazing company that I'd love to own shares in at the right price, but no way am I willing to pay 2.5 trillion USD for a company earning less than $100 billion in revenue. No way can I (or anyone) predict Nvidia's revenue growth, and margins 10-20 years out, which is likely what is required to justify such a valuation. NVIDIA as an already large company needs to have revenue growth, and margins better than any other company in the world in order for someone to make even an average return at this price.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    No the point is neither you or SailorRob understand trading & probably shouldn't be commenting.
    This same argument has been presented over & over, so why do you think there will be a different result this time?
    Isn't that the definition of a fool?
    My definition of a fool is as follows:

One who, when presented with two opportunities, chooses the one that requires a high level of effort whilst also promising a lower expected return than the other.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    I suggest re-reading what I actually posted bull. Yes I called it overvalued. I stand by that statement today.

No doubt it's an amazing company that I'd love to own shares in at the right price, but no way am I willing to pay 2.5 trillion USD for a company earning less than $100 billion in revenue. No way can I (or anyone) predict Nvidia's revenue growth, and margins 10-20 years out, which is likely what is required to justify such a valuation. NVIDIA as an already large company needs to have revenue growth, and margins better than any other company in the world in order for someone to make even an average return at this price.
    Perfect response and many lessons laid down here for those who take note.

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post

bit short sighted there

if the ai market compounds at say 25% per annum then nvidia earnings could soar 100s of % more over the yrs considering its dominant position. stock might be very cheap still

OCA on the other hand market might grow in single digits and oca doews not have a dominant position.

nvidia wins hands down
    Last edited by bull....; 23-05-2024 at 10:17 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

OK out of boredom, I happy to let that mystery go.
    @Daytr See below. Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Thanks Leemsip. It will just end up in another ban for someone

Quote Originally Posted by Leemsip View Post
    I think he is getting at the ongoing spat between SR and yourself daytr. Dont rise to any bait, stay in your lane, ignore the jibes....
    We all suffer when you respond, have to read the back and forth drivel...

Quote Originally Posted by causecelebre View Post
    @Daytr See below. Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Thanks Leemsip. It will just end up in another ban for someone
    All good & thanks. Achilles rupture. Through the worst of it.
    All the best
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Banned

bit short sighted there

if the ai market compounds at say 25% per annum then nvidia earnings could soar 100s of % more over the yrs considering its dominant position. stock might be very cheap still

OCA on the other hand market might grow in single digits and oca doews not have a dominant position.

nvidia wins hands down
    Yeah I agree BullS

Nividia in a hyper competitive industry could easily become a massive part of the entire US economy

Why can't people see this

Banned

I don't care. As I have said many times, trading is just one tool I use.

What makes me more than smile, laugh, is that you think there is only one way to make money.
    And that you spend so much time defending your insecurities.
    Now that is hilarious & a bit sad.
    The answer is, No.

green energy rush is on in NZ

Resources Minister Shane Jones announces plan to double export earnings from mining, says industry is 'back in business'

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...-business.html

The Draft Minerals Strategy for New Zealand to 2040, which is now open for consultation, proposes producing a critical minerals list for New Zealand and undertaking a detailed stock take of the country's known mineral potential

cool we need something other than cows to make NZ wealth , esp with fonterra going backwards
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

bit short sighted there

nvidia wins hands down
    'The price is an integral part of every complete judgment relating to securities. In the field of common stocks, the danger of paying the wrong price is almost as great as that of buying the wrong issue. The new-era theory of investment left price out of the reckoning, and this omission was productive of most disastrous consequences'.

1934 SA