sharetrader
Page 2046 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 1046154619461996203620422043204420452046204720482049205020562096 ... LastLast
Results 20,451 to 20,460 of 21230
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbuyit View Post
    Also unless i misinterpreted Brent mentions that the incoming residents need to unload properties in the 5-7m range, is this for real?
    I think you have to be honest, was pretty detailed and clear what he said, or so I thought.

Legend

A fair dallop of borrowings in latest report

Also a fairly large dallop of pie in the sky values up - is where the illusive deep value is hiding
    if it can be pinned down ?

seems to me that the poor unfortunates who happen to fall into a few of these shares might be waiting a very very long time to see any of it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Obfuscation is one word for what Brent & OCA were doing. Clueless could be another?

From the Q & A :

Aaron Ibbotson
    Apologies, but I just need to follow up on your sort of unsold new stock and the valuation of it, because it's -- if I look relative to the half year, you've delivered -- what did you deliver in the second half? 120 or something. And then you sold for $60 million or something like that. So you delivered 120 units and then you sold for $60 million. So I'm just trying to understand how this number went down by $69 million or whatever you said during the call.

Brent Pattison
    Yes, I think…

Aaron Ibbotson
    That's quite a big number.

Brent Pattison
    Yes. So I think probably, given we are sort of 15 minutes over what we have allocated, Aaron. Certainly, Kathryn, I, Heath, we're here. We're happy to sort of answer that question, and we're happy to make it available for others, so can we take that off-line so that we can actually do the maths that you've just done to actually provide the right response?

Aaron Ibbotson
    Absolutely. Thank you.

Operator
    There are no further questions on the teleconference at this time. I'll now hand it back to Brent, Kathryn and Heath to answer any questions from the webcast.

Brent Pattison
    There was just a question -- well, there are a couple of questions from the website, but I'm pretty confident that we've covered those and they're were actually just around visibility of sales, and, I think, we've been very transparent about that. There were some comments around these, and I think we've canvassed that to a degree. We'll certainly circle back on this last question that Aaron's raised.
    I would say, in conclusion, this is my last time doing this for Oceania and it has been an absolute privilege for me to work with this team, and I love this job very much. And I think Oceania has delivered a fair result to the market. We've got plenty of cleaning ahead of us, and that's a great opportunity for the incoming CEO.
    But I do want to thank everybody for their support of our business. We've certainly enjoyed the robustness of these discussions over the years. and we're really proud of what we've done. So thank you for people, making time available and engaging with us in the way that you do.
    Balance, this is not a easy company to analyse, you should start somewhere else.

Grow into it, will take time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    A fair dallop of borrowings in latest report

Also a fairly large dallop of pie in the sky values up - is where the illusive deep value is hiding
    if it can be pinned down ?

seems to me that the poor unfortunates who happen to fall into a few of these shares might be waiting a very very long time to see any of it
    Spend some time studying how these values are derived.

Report back, less the gormless emojis.

Thanks.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Spend some time studying how these values are derived.

Report back, less the gormless emojis.

Thanks.

Thanks for confirmation of the long wait ahead

Obfuscation is one word for what Brent & OCA were doing. Clueless could be another?

From the Q & A :

Aaron Ibbotson
    Apologies, but I just need to follow up on your sort of unsold new stock and the valuation of it, because it's -- if I look relative to the half year, you've delivered -- what did you deliver in the second half? 120 or something. And then you sold for $60 million or something like that. So you delivered 120 units and then you sold for $60 million. So I'm just trying to understand how this number went down by $69 million or whatever you said during the call.

Brent Pattison
    Yes, I think…

Aaron Ibbotson
    That's quite a big number.

Brent Pattison
    Yes. So I think probably, given we are sort of 15 minutes over what we have allocated, Aaron. Certainly, Kathryn, I, Heath, we're here. We're happy to sort of answer that question, and we're happy to make it available for others, so can we take that off-line so that we can actually do the maths that you've just done to actually provide the right response?

Aaron Ibbotson
    Absolutely. Thank you.

Operator
    There are no further questions on the teleconference at this time. I'll now hand it back to Brent, Kathryn and Heath to answer any questions from the webcast.

Brent Pattison
    There was just a question -- well, there are a couple of questions from the website, but I'm pretty confident that we've covered those and they're were actually just around visibility of sales, and, I think, we've been very transparent about that. There were some comments around these, and I think we've canvassed that to a degree. We'll certainly circle back on this last question that Aaron's raised.
    I would say, in conclusion, this is my last time doing this for Oceania and it has been an absolute privilege for me to work with this team, and I love this job very much. And I think Oceania has delivered a fair result to the market. We've got plenty of cleaning ahead of us, and that's a great opportunity for the incoming CEO.
    But I do want to thank everybody for their support of our business. We've certainly enjoyed the robustness of these discussions over the years. and we're really proud of what we've done. So thank you for people, making time available and engaging with us in the way that you do.
    yep how does no one at OCA know where 60m odd went
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    yep how does no one at OCA know where 60m odd went
    Just a suspicion on my part that Brent is already and long gone from caring too much about OCA - he might be there in body but his mind has long departed to whatever he is intending to do next?
    Last edited by Balance; 25-05-2024 at 10:46 AM.

From Annual Report Total Comprehensive Income by segment -

Care. $18.6m
    Villages $73.1m
    Other $21.2m LOSS

Other is admin and support costs …probably HQ

So there we have it - Care and Villages are profitable …profitable enough to subsidise the fat cats in HQ
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Just a suspicion on my part that Brent is already and long gone from caring too much about OCA - he might be there in body but his mind has long departed to whatever he is intending to do next?
    Agree mate ….it’s pretty obvious eh

Bit of a worry when says there’s ‘plenty of cleaning’ to be done by the new CEO ….wonder what cleaning really means
    Last edited by winner69; 25-05-2024 at 11:01 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    From Annual Report Total Comprehensive Income by segment -

Care. $18.6m
    Villages $73.1m
    Other $21.2m LOSS

Other is admin and support costs …probably HQ

So there we have it - Care and Villages are profitable …profitable enough to subsidise the fat cats in HQ
    Please to explain where expenses were booked against?