sharetrader
Page 2048 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 1048154819481998203820442045204620472048204920502051205220582098 ... LastLast
Results 20,471 to 20,480 of 21230
    Membaa

... deleted, figured it out.
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 25-05-2024 at 01:56 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Baa_Baa, have a look at how these Revaluations work, it's all detailed in there.

I'm the biggest skeptic, but honestly have a look.
    Page 64?

"Increases in the carrying amount arising on revaluation of land and buildings above cost arecredited to the asset revaluation reserve in other comprehensive income; increases that offset previous decreases taken through profit or loss are recognised in profit or loss. Decreases that offset previous increases of the same asset are charged against the asset revaluation reserve in other comprehensive income; all other decreases are charged to profit or loss. When revalued assets are sold, or held for sale, the amounts included in the reserve are transferred to retained earnings."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Page 64?

"Increases in the carrying amount arising on revaluation of land and buildings above cost arecredited to the asset revaluation reserve in other comprehensive income; increases that offset previous decreases taken through profit or loss are recognised in profit or loss. Decreases that offset previous increases of the same asset are charged against the asset revaluation reserve in other comprehensive income; all other decreases are charged to profit or loss. When revalued assets are sold, or held for sale, the amounts included in the reserve are transferred to retained earnings."
    No, I'll post it later, but ultimately a lot of the revaluations occur as developments progress and when new ORA are signed. So it's reflective of actual realised values.

Sales of the crap assets at book back up the valuations.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    But I have to say that my analyses of the accounts shows that this is poorest performance in the last four years!
    Hi snow, do you mean your analysis?

Would you care to share with the thread just four of 5 bullet points to highlight why you think it's the poorest performance in 4 years?

Perhaps highlight 5 metrics against prior years to show what you're seeing.

Thanks in advance.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    If that's how Brent had been handling queries & visits from institutional shareholders and brokers/analysts, hardly a wonder that the stock has been struggling to find support!

For those who are unaware, most of the institutional investors these days will not invest in a company until their analysts have visited a company and/or have a good discussion with the management of the company. If they find that the management are evasive and non-specific when they are asked specific questions, those are red flags which mean they avoid the stock.
    Definitely not ideal when his answers are so vague.

But I can’t understand why he would do that? Clearly some head winds, but nothing insurmountable that would make him duck and dive like that?

Or is it more that he has just checked out and doesn’t give a sh1te anymore?

Some of you may have listened in on previous calls so can offer an opinion on whether this is how he usually is or just in this last call before he moves on.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Definitely not ideal when his answers are so vague.

But I can’t understand why he would do that? Clearly some head winds, but nothing insurmountable that would make him duck and dive like that?

Or is it more that he has just checked out and doesn’t give a sh1te anymore?

Some of you may have listened in on previous calls so can offer an opinion on whether this is how he usually is or just in this last call before he moves on.
    The earnings call for me was brilliant, gave me more confidence than anything else. How they think about the business etc.

The most telling was the answer to 'why don't you sell assets to close the gap'

They think like Buffett.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    The earnings call for me was brilliant, gave me more confidence than anything else. How they think about the business etc.

The most telling was the answer to 'why don't you sell assets to close the gap'

They think like Buffett.
    Funnily I thought the exact same thing. That Brent is speaking like a world-class capital allocator.

I wonder why he's leaving?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    Funnily I thought the exact same thing. That Brent is speaking like a world-class capital allocator.

I wonder why he's leaving?

Christ I almost shat when I read that! lol.

Probably leaving because Buffett is about to announce that Brent will be the new CEO of Berkshire, he decided against Greg after studying OCA and realising Brent’s world class capital allocation skills.

lol.

Does anyone know anything about the new CEO, Suzanne Dvorak? This is her bio on LinkedIn:

Suzanne is an experienced retirement living/aged care executive and external advisor.

As an Industrial Advisor to EQT Group, Suzanne advised in the acquisition of Stockland Retirement Living and was transitional CEO for the newly rebranded business, Levande – one of Australia’s largest retirement living providers with 10,000 residents and 58 retirement villages (formerly owned by Stockland).

Prior to her role at Levande, Suzanne was Managing Director of Bupa Villages and Aged Care – Australia, where she oversaw a team of more than 10,000 employees across 72 care homes to support the needs of 6000 residents.

Suzanne’s experience extends to Executive General Manager, Residential Communities at Australian Unity, with responsibility for the residential communities portfolio – including 18 retirement communities and five aged care residences.

As CEO of Vivir Healthcare, Suzanne was responsible for the delivery of care services to 20,000 patients at residential aged care facilities, hospitals, day therapy, community, medical centres, retirement villages and at home.

Suzanne has also dedicated her career to social justice initiatives, working across health services, government and not-for-profit organisations.

In 2018-19, Suzanne was Interim CEO at safe steps Family Violence Response Centre - Victoria’s state-wide first response service for women, young people and children experiencing family violence.

Following more than a decade leading the Australian team at reproductive healthcare provider, Marie Stopes International, Suzanne was appointed CEO of Save the Children Australia – heading the Australian contingent of the 29 member nation alliance and delivering programs in over 120 countries.

Suzanne has also worked for the United Nations Transitional Authority in Cambodia and Thailand, Telstra and the Australian Red Cross.

She is currently a Non-Executive Director of UNICEF and, in 2005, was recognised for her outstanding career achievements – winning the Hudson Community and Government Award at the National Telstra Business Women’s Awards.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    Does anyone know anything about the new CEO, Suzanne Dvorak? This is her bio on LinkedIn:

Suzanne is an experienced retirement living/aged care executive and external advisor.

As an Industrial Advisor to EQT Group, Suzanne advised in the acquisition of Stockland Retirement Living and was transitional CEO for the newly rebranded business, Levande – one of Australia’s largest retirement living providers with 10,000 residents and 58 retirement villages (formerly owned by Stockland).

Prior to her role at Levande, Suzanne was Managing Director of Bupa Villages and Aged Care – Australia, where she oversaw a team of more than 10,000 employees across 72 care homes to support the needs of 6000 residents.

Suzanne’s experience extends to Executive General Manager, Residential Communities at Australian Unity, with responsibility for the residential communities portfolio – including 18 retirement communities and five aged care residences.

As CEO of Vivir Healthcare, Suzanne was responsible for the delivery of care services to 20,000 patients at residential aged care facilities, hospitals, day therapy, community, medical centres, retirement villages and at home.

Suzanne has also dedicated her career to social justice initiatives, working across health services, government and not-for-profit organisations.

In 2018-19, Suzanne was Interim CEO at safe steps Family Violence Response Centre - Victoria’s state-wide first response service for women, young people and children experiencing family violence.

Following more than a decade leading the Australian team at reproductive healthcare provider, Marie Stopes International, Suzanne was appointed CEO of Save the Children Australia – heading the Australian contingent of the 29 member nation alliance and delivering programs in over 120 countries.

Suzanne has also worked for the United Nations Transitional Authority in Cambodia and Thailand, Telstra and the Australian Red Cross.

She is currently a Non-Executive Director of UNICEF and, in 2005, was recognised for her outstanding career achievements – winning the Hudson Community and Government Award at the National Telstra Business Women’s Awards.
    Only potential ‘blemish’ I can see could be her short stint at Levande.

But I actually think it is a good thing she was prepared to pull the pin when she could see there was a misalignment with her vision and the owners.

1. **Transition and Departure from Levande**: Suzanne Dvorak's tenure as CEO of Levande, a retirement living brand, was relatively short. She left the company after about seven months. While this could raise questions, it appears to be related to strategic differences rather than any specific controversy. Her departure was amicable, and she was praised for her contributions during a period of transition [oai_citation:1,EQT Infrastructure launches new retirement living brand Levande – with Suzanne Dvorak as CEO and David Gonski as Chair](https://www.theweeklysource.com.au/t...onski-as-chair) [oai_citation:2,Kevin McCoy steps in as Interim CEO of third largest village portfolio, Levande, as Suzanne Dvorak departs](https://www.theweeklysource.com.au/i...dvorak-departs) [oai_citation:3,Kevin McCoy to stay on at Levande as CEO - Australian Ageing Agenda](https://www.australianageingagenda.c...evande-as-ceo/).

2. **Strategic Differences**: During her time at Levande, there were indications that she was advocating for a model that included providing care services directly, which was not fully aligned with the strategic direction preferred by EQT, the owning company. This difference in vision might have contributed to her decision to leave [oai_citation:4,Kevin McCoy steps in as Interim CEO of third largest village portfolio, Levande, as Suzanne Dvorak departs](https://www.theweeklysource.com.au/i...dvorak-departs) [oai_citation:5,Kevin McCoy to stay on at Levande as CEO - Australian Ageing Agenda](https://www.australianageingagenda.c...evande-as-ceo/).