sharetrader
Page 2052 of 2124 FirstFirst ... 1052155219522002204220482049205020512052205320542055205620622102 ... LastLast
Results 20,511 to 20,520 of 21231

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    How are those Synlait bonds going for ya?

Good luck getting your principal back.
    Don’t you worry about me. I could lose the SML bond whole lot ( which I will not) and still have plenty of gains to more than offset the loss.

One foray into OCA and I have made more money on the stock so far than you have made since you started speculating in the dog.

You just worry about how poor you are going to be, investing with the garbage ideas you are running with. Stacking supermarket shelves and losing monies - that’s your life?

Btw, you figure out how to calculate the mark to market price of and value bonds yet?
    Last edited by Balance; 26-05-2024 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Don’t you worry about me. I could lose the SML bond whole lot ( which I will not) and still have plenty of gains to more than offset the loss.

You just worry about how poor you are going to be, investing with the garbage ideas you are running with. Stacking supermarket shelves and losing monies - that’s your life?

Btw, you figure out how to value bonds yet?
    25k investment portfolio at 18 whilst studying at University (1.5x full time load)... What were you doing at 18?

Go f yourself.
    Last edited by ValueNZ; 26-05-2024 at 11:20 AM.

Banned

And he's as certain of this as he was OCA capital raise last year.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    And he's as certain of this as he was OCA capital raise last year.
    Which OCA defer by stopping dividends, selling assets and stopping developments.

DFDTABPCLMB

Well that escalated quickly. Chillax, kiss and make up....

My approach is simple, just watch the NTA and just keep an eye on debt levels.

As long as the assets booked represent a realistic valuation, I'm more than happy with this approach as a property investment play. OCA has been able to sell some of it's less desirable assets at book value this FY which helps build my confidence in the NTA. Happy with managements answers on the call. It will be interesting to watch debt levels over the next 24 months as they 'deleverage'.

If development stops and you remove all development related costs and just rely on resales the business will surely be profitable. If not, just sell the assets and eat the NTA.

FY NTA YoY Growth (%)
    17 0.74 -
    18 0.85 14.86%
    19 1.01 18.82%
    20 0.95 -5.94%
    21 1.2 26.32%
    22 1.32 10.00%
    23 1.33 0.76%
    24 1.44 8.27%

25k investment portfolio at 18 whilst studying at University (1.5x full time load)... What were you doing at 18?

Go f yourself.
    Touchy touchy.

I was getting ready to take on the world at 18 years old while enjoying my teenage years. The joys of youthful exuberance … romance, bromance and experiences only teenagers can have.

Certainly not stacking supermarkets shelves and losing hard earned monies by investing in dog stocks! Woof! Woof!

You just keep a’ stacking ‘em shelves - all wasted efforts of course but hopefully you learn something worthwhile from all that hard work.
    Last edited by Balance; 26-05-2024 at 11:44 AM.

Touchy touchy.

I was getting ready to take on the world at 18 years old while enjoying my teenage years. Certainly not stacking supermarkets shelves and investing in dog stocks!

You just keep a’ stacking - all wasted efforts but hopefully you learn something g from the hard work. Good on you!
    Buffett quite literally built an empire off cash he made running a paper route...

Small amounts of cash compound out to significant sums just by earning a half decent return, and having a long runway.

Buffett quite literally built an empire off cash he made running a paper route...

Small amounts of cash compound out to significant sums just by earning a half decent return, and having a long runway.
    He knew what he was doing.

You don’t and it’s so obvious!

Now be a good man and go stack some more supermarket shelves. You need to plug the losses on your OCA portfolio.

Banned

He knew what he was doing.

You don’t and it’s so obvious!

Now be a good man and go stack some more supermarket shelves. You need to plug the losses on your OCA portfolio.
    You have one thing that balance can never have ValueNZ, and that is the potential to retire young and be financially independent.

Life has passed Balance by and his aggression towards you is understandable at his age and need to stay on the rat wheel compared to the opportunities you have in front of you.

He's had his opportunity and messed it up.