Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Will Invest

14 19.44%
  • No I Will Not Invest

58 80.56%
Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970 LastLast

Big boys on the scene now.

VGL a pick of mine in the 2024 sharetrader competition, as well as a portfolio stock. Waiting now on the next spreadsheet update to see how it is for those souls who opted in. Really, the competition aint over until it actually is! Plenty of time left for more volatility as today's events show.

Does anyone know who sold the 18%

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    Does anyone know who sold the 18%
    Go to read today's announcement

10mil shares come from jarden. But that's all I take from it. 30mil shares from other places

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB View Post
    Some very big volumes for Vista went through right at the end of the trading day today. 1,168,760 shares at $1.85. Is someone positioning themselves for a takeover?
    I smelt a rat back in January, it looks like I was right.

It is so disappointing to see our New Zealand listed public companies being taken over (assuming Vista is taken over here of course - it might not be) like this because the New Zealand investor is by and large, so bad at investing, and hopelessly undervalues our companies and simply does not recognise what the true value of the company is and what its prospects are. Hence the low price becomes super attractive to overseas investors and businesses who do understand what the value of the company is and what its prospects are, and take advantage of the New Zealander accordingly. I have seen this happen on the NZX over and over again. It is very very disappointing and in the end, it is the NZ investor who misses out on the wealth that that company will generate in the long term for its shareholders.

Disclaimer - Unhappy Holder.

Great!! Fundies are mucking n playing around with with NZ companies..let the PEs buy all NZ companies

Next will be Restaurant Brands

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    10mil shares come from jarden. But that's all I take from it. 30mil shares from other places
    Spheria asset and Wilson were the big sellers. Sold out completely

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB View Post
    I smelt a rat back in January, it looks like I was right.

It is so disappointing to see our New Zealand listed public companies being taken over (assuming Vista is taken over here of course - it might not be) like this because the New Zealand investor is by and large, so bad at investing, and hopelessly undervalues our companies and simply does not recognise what the true value of the company is and what its prospects are. Hence the low price becomes super attractive to overseas investors and businesses who do understand what the value of the company is and what its prospects are, and take advantage of the New Zealander accordingly. I have seen this happen on the NZX over and over again. It is very very disappointing and in the end, it is the NZ investor who misses out on the wealth that that company will generate in the long term for its shareholders.

Disclaimer - Unhappy Holder.
    It's difficult I know. But what other outcome can we expect when our very own fund managers put approx 5 percent (and declining) of investor funds into NZX stocks.

It's a race to the bottom if more capital is not invested into the NZX.

What's going to change this. Maybe a carrot with tax incentives to invest in our own market.

In NBR -

A full takeover of Vista Group is not on the cards for Australian private equity firm Potentia, despite it taking an 18.5% stake in the NZX-listed cinema software provider today.

It is, however, looking to forge a “partnership” through representation on the NZX and ASX-listed company’s board
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”