sharetrader
Page 1755 of 1756 FirstFirst ... 7551255165517051745175117521753175417551756 LastLast
Results 17,541 to 17,550 of 17555
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    It could also be a Morning Star doji which has a much greater probability of upside movement in price, but as I said, it's what happens from here that matters. https://thepatternsite.com/MorningDojiStar.html
    Here's the monthly chart https://invst.ly/14-i0c

So BaaBaa what you’re telling us is the price will either go up or down?

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    So BaaBaa what you’re telling us is the price will either go up or down?
    Thanks for your encouragement, depending on how you interpret the monthly price candle, it's either more likely to go down, or less likely to go up. Lol. So what's your interpretation of the candle? Not that it matters, like I said, it's what happens next that counts.

Trading is fun, it's in the now, we have access to all sorts of insights, it's just how and when we interpret them ... and what we do about it. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Thanks for your encouragement, depending on how you interpret the monthly price candle, it's either more likely to go down, or less likely to go up. Lol. So what's your interpretation of the candle? Not that it matters, like I said, it's what happens next that counts.

Trading is fun, it's in the now, we have access to all sorts of insights, it's just how and when we interpret them ... and what we do about it. Or not.
    I only know the very basics of TA. Enough to know this is in a terrible downtrend and the number one rule is to never buy in a downtrend. But I also know HGH is cheap as chips so buying now will be okay in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Flippers (those who took part in the CR and underwrite for a quick gain) are still there so am expecting sp of HGH to do more work around the $1.01 +/- level before the strong base is built to move the sp higher.
    yep reason i posted i was only in short term , i sold out just above 1.04 . will watch now
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post
    Good post (#17479) Balance. The chart certainly seems to indicate that over the past month or two HGH has been oversold.

I looked at the on-market price action today and thought that after this week, maybe even quicker, we may not see sub $1 again unless there is adverse news.
    This post from 20 May. Another failed prediction. Is anyone making any money on the NZX currently? Even the sharetrader competition participants are mostly underwater, often significantly so.

Of course your picks may not match your portfolio. But there doesn't seem to be any expectation by Mr Market that Nicola will help out tomorrow either. And inflation is now UP in Australia again which, given tax cuts are said to be offered, may become a trend here too? Then where to for share prices?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post
    This post from 20 May. Another failed prediction. Is anyone making any money on the NZX currently? Even the sharetrader competition participants are mostly underwater, often significantly so.

Of course your picks may not match your portfolio. But there doesn't seem to be any expectation by Mr Market that Nicola will help out tomorrow either. And inflation is now UP in Australia again which, given tax cuts are said to be offered, may become a trend here too? Then where to for share prices?

IMO Aussie & foreign markets might be seeing more joy.

The local sentiment even for what ordinarily might look reasonable makes one think twice

The growing sea of red locally, a skeleton NZX board littered with so many dead, dying & potentially injured outfits (cushioned by all the fancy NZX funds to help divert attention away) all reeling in the hard economic conditions makes other markets look a breath of fresh air

How many dividend stocks have not declared or reduced ? How many more are likely to stall Div's ?

How many are reliant on dividend income ?

How much spending will go to or out of NZX stocks in a struggling post & current COL hit goldfish bowl, how much will be diverted to mortgages & loans, or servicing them at higher rates. How many will be ultra cautious and stay away, and wait & see ? How many will put off buying new assets, cars. appliances ?

Is the dip over or just starting towards something like we saw with onslaught of Covid in March/April 2020 ?
    Last edited by nztx; 29-05-2024 at 03:33 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Watch then for the PE and valuation multiple expansion which is of course the biggest driver of any share price.
    Here is a great article explaining why this from Balance is totally wrong and has very little effect at all. Strongly suggest reading it, it's not long.

https://www.lindselltrain.com/applic...April_2024.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Here is a great article explaining why this from Balance is totally wrong and has very little effect at all. Strongly suggest reading it, it's not long.

https://www.lindselltrain.com/applic...April_2024.pdf
    The article makes some fair points.
    I have come into investing in shares pretty late in life, in the Covid wave of investors, and the biggest lesson I have started to learn is patience…several stocks have taught me some hard lessons, lol…A2 being one of them…
    I would have been better off in the bank at 6.1% but the lessons I have learned are valuable too..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bikeguy View Post
    The article makes some fair points.
    I have come into investing in shares pretty late in life, in the Covid wave of investors, and the biggest lesson I have started to learn is patience…several stocks have taught me some hard lessons, lol…A2 being one of them…
    I would have been better off in the bank at 6.1% but the lessons I have learned are valuable too..

Good stuff Bikeguy, if you understand the points in the article you are doing well as a relative newbie. Of course changes in PE drive everything short term but very difficult if not impossible to predict and time.

Yes patience is everything in this game, focus on the business not the share price.

Anything people are talking about at the BBQ, stay away.

Perhaps you would have been better off in the bank even if rates were Negative 10%?
    Last edited by SailorRob; 03-06-2024 at 09:33 AM.