In terms of cycles the BB will be termed the DG cycle... doom and gloom cycle... I must say that NZ is starting to prepare for it quite well with the Cullen Fund which is also making healthy returns... 17 odd % last year.... but in America they have massive all time high debts,.. housing is already starting to go peer shaped, those current BB's that are expecting 401k plans willnot get them...
And I no that I definately wont, and not expecting nothing....
It is such a concern that In Auzzie savings is compulsory...
BB's hold most of the wealth, and will have to pull out of shares, housing ... because they wont get their superannuation or only a small part of it... which will cause a decade of recessions... I have great fear, but people I tell, just laugh it off, or dont take me seriously,
It is a real factor and we must wake up... coz even if we in NZ are positioned quite well to take it, If USA sneezes, we all catch a cold...
Or then again If China is the superpower in 20-30yrs it may not be so bad, they have an inpeckable savings record... (50% of GDP, or something like that) and retirees get nothing... whole generations of families live together..
If we do have a 15-20% drop in popualation, then it is safe to say that property will slump big time...
stocks like Ryman will do very well for the BB's, but once BB's are gone these stocks will crash... (genesis research)
Commdities will be the way to go... and we are only at the start of a 30plus year run on gold,silver, and the lot...
adjusting Gold for inflation over the long term should put it at $2800us per
ounce right now... so there is alot of upside scope...
Kitco.com is quite bullish on comodities, check it out...
[8D]
.^sc