"The real Estate institute is warning people not to expect houses to get cheaper in the near future.... Latest figures show the median house price in NZ is more than 7 times the average salary - a 72% increase on five years ago...The institute says experts have been saying the bottom is going to fall out of the market for quite some time but out in the field there is no sign of the market slowing"-source Newstalk ZB
as if REINZ would downtalk housing market to start with...Biased view.... a few intereting points though....

response for being called a wannabe...
SEC.... the current expensive property market situation and the outlook for us 20 something year olds is the reason why I created this thread...The very first post on this thread sums it up for me... So i cant see your point when U say that im a wannabe property owner, ... I could buy a house tomorrow, more like a cannabe but wontabe..[]...
other than that i totally agree with what you are saying
...all im saying is that a downturn is required for me...

trackers... theres two years that seperate us if I got into housing now... but 5,6,7 years that seperate us in paying off the bank, (and growing)... u have done well!
[8D]
.^sc