quote:Originally posted by Flying Goat

To compare Burger Fuel with Restaurant Brands in terms of quality businesses is, in my opinion, quite misguided. Burger Fuel, where I happen to dine at at least once a week is a strong and growing brand, neither Hell Pizza nor any others have filled the gap in terms of a quality yet affordable and convenient food chain. Having once looked at buying a franchise, cannot disclose figures but can tell that the stores are extremely profitable, have very high turnover with fiercely loyal clientele, and very efficient systems in place such that a monkey could be trained and the burgers would still be served on time. Some kiwis also started a similar chain in London a few years ago and flicked it off for something like 12 million pounds due to the scalability of the concept. Burger Fuel have a strong scalable brand that they have already taken abroad with pilot store in Australian Sydney. If this thing makes it to the NZX, and is priced sensibly I am in for sure. If it is lost to the Aussie's before that then well a damn shame for this country just like every other decent business we have lost. Restaurant Brands on the other hand was not much more than a mismanaged licensee for a few lard merchant brands that lost their appeal to all but a select few about a decade ago - refusing to change with the times, they figured they could stay ahead by serving up the same old rubbish, and now wonder why they turned into a toad....!

FG, if the franchise deal was good, why are you not in?