quote:Tok3n
1....Need to dig up the old link which compared Tui vs Maari, but hasn't Maari production date been pushed out?

2....On the upside alot of the JV's in Maari like HZN have said that there's a potential for a reserve upgrade there.

3....Anyone following HZN too? thats how I found CUE because of the JV in Maari.
Hey tok3n,
1... yes Maari's production date has been pushed out.... maari 1stP had been put back 3 months and then another 3 months, now making it 6 months behind on previous estimates....
If you are comparing Tui vs Maari then TUI has been pushed further aswell and has been held up by AT least ONE year on what earliest announcements had told us
delays in the oil industry such as 1st production, exploration wells which came through late, Joint venture/partnership agreements take longer than expected, organising a drilling rig takes longer, undervaluation of the company takes longer to re-rate, this is what the oil industry is all about... and sometimes there are no delays, YOU cannot rule them out...
so yes Maari is 6 months late and is expected to be in production in the 3rd quarter of 2008.... so about one year from now is first production, at that stage the company will already no longer be speculative because it will have positive cashflow through OIL production at Oyong, (and CUE already has minor revenues from SE GOBE...shhhh.....
....)...
2... upside at maari huh?, do you care to share alittle bit more information on that....[8D]......S C Is more focusing on what we currently have, and CUE's take is 2.5 million barrels compared to HZNs 5 million barrel take if you want to compare tok3n...CUE gets more barrels of oil for its market cap because CUE is much less than half the market value of HZN, (not comparative analysis taking into account seperate projects)...

3....Yes I follow HZN, And saying that opens up a new chapter with First Australian Resources who also holds a major asset with HZN...
Yes HZN is another play on Maari, but CUE IS the ONLY Company offering near term expected production which is major for this company... HZN first production is Maari next year, HZN have drilling program in CHina sea late this year... short term first production, then short term HZN drills, then hold for for Maari is all the same...
I believe CUE will return more from here over the next 2 years than compared to HZN.... cue is 22 and HZN is 36.5.... track them both... CUE will return far more in percentage terms compared to HZN over the next two years, I WILL reference this example down the line...

Mattyroo yes I do have questions about the technical side, I will show you something first before I start asking questions..

.^sc