sharetrader
Page 6 of 174 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Personally I think its a good news that AIA not going through with CCP~
    After all these time, felt the DAE offer is actually better, commercially speaking~ they bring much more than the CCP to AIA as a business entity.

But from all these saga, I am quite concerned on how the politician of this government affected what is fundamentally a commercial decision~
    past example on AIR how the PM's careless comment on TV affects the SP, and how the minister's comment affected the DAE's proposal to AIA. to me that is quite a worrying sign~
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
    --- Albert Einstein

Thumbs down Duds

THE both so called takeovers where DUDS for AIA. DUDS is to soft a word for there weak attempts trying to get the best asset NZ has left on the NZX , Good riddance to trash they even wanted the company to pay there interest bills, bugger me.. don't come back unless your got money in your pockets don't worry some one will turn up not next week but soon they are AIA a better BUY than EVER..

I share your concerns Viking. That's the typical behaviour of a left leaning Government - control everything.

Bit of a correction today. Am hoping for a continuation of the panic selling action

Advanced Member

Dont think there was any panic, just the short term traders realising their reason for buying in no longer existed.

Good place to park patient money imo. Top quality asset

I havent followed AIA for ages.Was there a general agreement as to what was the fair valuation for AIA ?.I suppose thats somewhat clouded if the prospect of major holders never selling what ever the price...

Phaedrus....it looks as if the up trend remains in place does it not ?

Thanks.
    I have started buying..mainly because there would appear to be very lttle down side potential.

There has been an on market disclosure this morning from 'New Zealand Superannuation Fund Nominees Limited' stating that they are a NEW holder in AIA of 5.027%.

Last Friday Morrison & Co disclosed a holding of 6.25% split between IFT & 'New Zealand Superannuation Fund'.

So, they are NOT a NEW holder at all, as discribed below. I get confused when we have on market NZX disclosures doubling up.
    This should mean that Morrison and Co no longer have to disclose the NZ Super Fund holding going forward, just Infratils.

I hope that the partys below have not been trying to outbid each other on behalf of the NZ Super Fund.

Description :
    The purchase of Ordinary shares by Her Majesty the Queen in Right of New Zealand acting by and through her Minister of Finance through on market trading by the Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation (through its nominee) as administrator and manager of the New Zealand Superannuation Fund. The Ordinary shares are held under investment mandates with Barclays Global Investors, AMP Capital Investors, Brook Asset Management, Smartshares and Morrison & Co
    Last edited by Toddy; 06-11-2007 at 10:44 AM.
    Toddy

Advanced Member

Default AIA Buy?

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    ....it looks as if the up trend remains in place does it not? ....I have started buying...
    AIA's longterm uptrend is still intact, but it is in a clear "medium-term" downtrend.

The chart below shows an assortment of fairly conservative indicators. You can see that all of these triggered Sell signals a few months ago and that none are currently anywhere near indicating a Buy. Because these indicators are quite conservative, they will be a bit slow getting you (back) into AIA. Shorter term, more active, less reliable indicators have signalled buys though, and the OBV appears to have bottomed out and perhaps be rising, so your recent buying activity could possibly work out quite well for you.

Trading Halt
    Toddy

Canadians are upping their offer. But will it be good enough?
    Marriage isn't a word. It's a sentence

Default beautiful !!

The can sure have my 12,000 for $3.65 that I bought a few days ago at $2.89 ... don't you just love it when a plan comes together !!