Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
Good call probably ...... heavy selling at the end and closing almost at days low suggests another bad day tomorrow

Looking at the trades some big shareholders bailed out today.
And who hoovered them up?
A 47% reduction seems a gross over-reaction to a relatively modest profit forecast downgrade. No doubt the general nervousness in the market has exacerbated the situation. I would normally wait for signs of an uptick before jumping in with a "buy" order but I'm not able to monitor the market closely, all the time, so took the plunge and bought 5,000 at 560. They will possibly go a little lower yet, but its not always possible to pick the bottom of the trough in these situations.
"Fortune favours the brave". In the past I have made handsome profits by buying otherwiser sound financial services companies the likes of AMP, TWR and BCA when they were "on the ropes", and had the satisfaction of riding the recovery trail with them. I have had a quick look at the CCP story to date, and also studied the financials, and am quietly confident. Also - and surely this must be a big also - with financial conditions tightening shouldn't it be a great climate for debt recovery firms to boost their business?