sharetrader

Threaded View

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    Gosh Tricha, I feel like Ive been made a bit of an example here but as I stated on the "buying? selling ?holding? cash" thread I have sold down all my mid term plays including GDM which are a significant % of my portfolio. and have cash at hand while waiting to see how this all pans out over the next few days/weeks/months/years. Having been at this game less than two years. Im watching carefully what you long timers are saying and doing.

Out of interest. Are you still holding ADY.

Do all the more experienced players here see this as just a natural progression in the cycle of things or are we in new territory here?
    Very wise move Strat, I wish I had done the same , ADY for me is a 1 -2 year holding, one for the future due to the coming of peak oil.

Myself I have changed tack again, Gerry had been going on for years about an impending crash in the USA.

I always said one day he would be right.

If that day is to happen, by all indications it will be soon.

Recent events that have changed substantally in the US.

1 - UnEmployment rate on the increase.

2 - Banks due to report and all indications are bad results.

3 - Inflation is rampent, but the US is in denial and want to lower interest rates.

4 - Peak oil, The US uses nearly 30% of all oil produced in the world, they import most of it, at the given price, how do they pay for it.
    They need cheap oil to drive their economy.

5 - The gold price going through the roof.

6 - Talk about a subprime crisis, now we are moving into a credit card crisis.

Next stage is called hyper-inflation

Anything positive out there ?????????????????

I was thinking of buying physical gold in September, I wish I had.

Today I moved back into a pure gold play as some insurance to what could come.
    Most gold companies share prices have been slow to react to the substantial increase in the Gold price.

Cheers and happy hunting

P.S Sorry Shrewd I do not follow the NZ market, I guess that's where u posted. Yeah Northwest back to bargin basement prices.
    Last edited by tricha; 14-01-2008 at 09:59 PM. Reason: missed part