sharetrader
Page 24 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834741245241024 ... LastLast

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Cool CJ you need to FLY..

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Problem is going across full, coming back empty so only 50% load factor
    THE planes do not fly empty or half full to NZ shows you never been a traveler both ways average about 75% to 78% full but in real time depending which day can be 90% but rare 100%..

AIR is doing the best it can its the size of the fleet and new planes COMMING..

Guru

Lighten up Bricks. Don't take everything so literally. CJ gave a big wink with his contribution.
    You seem to attack every poster rather than contribute to the discussion.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Lighten up Bricks. Don't take everything so literally. CJ gave a big wink with his contribution.
    Exactly
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Advanced Member

Default Chart Update.

Quote Originally Posted by QOH View Post
    Any Buy signals for AIRNZ yet? How much lower can it go? At $1.29 it's looking cheap to me.....
    No, QOH, no buy signals yet. Worse than that, right now, the latest AIR price is $1.27, breaking below the previous support at $1.29/$1.30 that was starting to look a little bit hopeful. Of course the Close may be different.

This is a clear, simple chart showing TA working very nicely indeed. See the early entry signals. Note the excellent agreement between the 8 indicators featured here. See how they all fired off Sell signals very close together when the 8 month uptrend ended. Note how they all got you back into AIR when it rallied strongly in September - and got you out again when the rally fizzled out. See how current price action is well below levels needed to start triggering Buy signals. If the Close today is below the marked previous support, that is Bearish, of course.

To me, the most striking feature of this chart is the Big Money (assumed to be the "smart" money) getting out right at the top back in June. Didn't they time that to a nicety? It always pays to keep a very close eye on what the big boys are doing. It is not unreasonable to assume that they know a lot more than mug-punters such as you and I do.

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    Why start a new thread Phaedrus?
    Why did you feel it necessary to say that Biker? I have contributed AIR charts on this thread - on page 13 and again on page 15, for example. I do sometimes start a separate chart thread on some stocks to avoid stepping on the toes of the dedicated FA boys. Charts often seem to upset them, for some reason!

Cool WOULD if THEY..

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    You seem to attack every poster rather than contribute to the discussion.
    IF so much rubbish was not written here, Would say as not attacking rather it is just stating the true facts without wishy - washy stupid STATEMENTS said without much THOUGHT..

Default Thanks Phaedrus

I appreciate your charts. You've made me keep my fingers off the buy button for today.

Guru

Phaedrus the big money was Qantas selling down their holding if I remember correctly. I wouldn't call them a smart investor divesting. They did of course achieve a good price in hind sight but would think it was more accidental.

Advanced Member

Whoever it was and whatever their reasons, any big seller will depress the market.

Originally Posted by biker
    Why start a new thread Phaedrus?

..............Why did you feel it necessary to say that Biker? I have contributed AIR charts on this thread - on page 13 and again on page 15, for example. I do sometimes start a separate chart thread on some stocks to avoid stepping on the toes of the dedicated FA boys. Charts often seem to upset them, for some reason![/QUOTE]

Phaedrus I posted that in Sept last year when you had opened a new thread 'AIR 50cents saved is 50cents earned' and since this thread has been running since sept 04, I couldn't see why you didnt continue to post here.
    Disc. bought Air at $2 back then, watched it move around a bit, took the dividend and got out.
    A shame to see a company in good shape, crippled by the price of fuel. If the oil price continues to rise, as the current hedges run out Air's profit must surely continue to fall to the point of in 12 to 18 months actually making bugger all.
    I agree, JBmurc, possibly useful as a hedge against oil stocks, but it has dropped over 7% since your last post. The frustrating thing is that if the oil price drops significantly Air will do very well. It now has its ducks in a row. Interesting to see a company with a turnover approaching 5 billion dollars heading towards a situation where it may become barely profitable.
    If oil goes higher and stays high indefinately, I think there will be some significant changes in routes and fleet sizes.
    Last edited by biker; 26-04-2008 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    a hedge against oil stocks, but it has dropped over 7% since your last post. The frustrating thing is that if the oil price drops significantly Air will do very well. It now has its ducks in a row. Interesting to see a company with a turnover approaching 5 billion dollars heading towards a situation where it may become barely profitable.
    If oil goes higher and stays high indefinately, I think there will be some significant changes in routes and fleet sizes.
    Biker, I'm not 100% sure what you mean but to hedge with AIR, I would go long NZO and go short AIR so in a big market fall both stocks would fall but I would earn a bit on my short with AIR.
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.