sharetrader

Hybrid View

hoop

I have been running similar sets of indicators to you (based on Russell Napier;s book) and not one has triggered yet.

I believe that whilst this bear remains alive there is a chance of the dow going to 5,000
    at 5,000 you have a Q ratio of 0.30x
    “If you're worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Footsie View Post
    hoop

I have been running similar sets of indicators to you (based on Russell Napier;s book) and not one has triggered yet.

I believe that whilst this bear remains alive there is a chance of the dow going to 5,000
    at 5,000 you have a Q ratio of 0.30x

Hmmmm... interesting post...

Foostie can't comment about your indicators because I haven't seen any yet.

I posted mine earlier for posters to see and for them to add more to the list, or if enough posters agreed to delete some which didn't quiet fit the requirements.
    Out of the 3000 members only you Foostie have been active in giving me constructive criticism (which I do appreciate). It takes many different viewpoints and many collective brains to be able to construct any sort of system of value...so any type of feedback is important. It seems most posters are happy just to sit back and see if I land on my feet or on my backside ...

Either way I'm mobile, (I do listen to other peoples opinions) I have again cashed up some in the rally and taken my profits , and some losses and await this new downturn to bottom for the usual buy back ins. (Still using my Bear market Investment Strategies). The only sad thing for me is I'm now getting half the amount of interest than before in my holding account.

I can't comment much about the Q Ratio either... I'm not sure that I totally understand it...so I'm probably missing the point here with my comment below, (Footsie you may help me here)...... but as I see it, valuing the worth of the going concern of a company in times of uncertainty and negativity to obtain the Q ratio seems a very hard assessment to do with accuracy...harder still using the DOW index (30 companies) and near if not impossible for S&P500 index (500 companies)