Hi Tommy,

Don't know if I can help, but I would love to...if poss re the implied querry in your post....

What's your Share Investor Profile??

If you don't feel like you are presently "hitting them in the middle" with say ##80%++ certainty, might be worth Trading with "monopoly money" for three months or so, and keep copious detailed notes of the Results...and writing down why you feel you got it wrong/right/half right etc etc...your rationale for your Investment etc..

Personallly this is what I did for 18 months...until I had worked out////and written out Mantras of Rules of: "What worked/works for me...."

And of course what works for me, is different to Fred, Mary Bill or Joe Bloe........

To touch on just Some of my Madgey Maxims; they are:

(1) Only buy business enterprises you relate to, you intuitively lkike and think there will be overwhelming BIG DEMAND for at a premium price

(2) Margin of Safety---Margin of Safety---Margin of Safety...and work out what that means for YOU and BURN it Deep into your soul and your psyche!!

(3) Durable Competitive Advantage--I repeat this 10 times a day...

Get a Theasaurus and meditate and think about the meaning of the copncept: Durable--Long Lasting//permanence

(4) The concept of Consumer Franchise in the psychology: I have big Logo Posters plastered around my study of Super Brands that are trusted in Australia;

so what are some of these posters/stickers....

Lets ee, there is: Oprah, Qantas, BMS--Ultimate Driving Machine, Australia Post, 3M, Nestle, TDK, Brother, Panasonic, ...:Cadbury, Coca Cola, Woolworths, Flight Centre, Vegemite, Sunbeam, Victa Lawn Mowers, Dulux,Donut Kink, Wendys, Lifesavers,Gatorade,StGeorge,Panadol, Herron,Valvoline, Dispirin, Avon, Maggi, KFC, Pizza Hut, Avis, Mortein, Volvo, BMW, 20th Century Fox, Bart Simpson--Eat My Shorts..., Nescafe, Colorado, Fosters, AMP, Yates, The Salvation Army, Australian Red Cross, American Express, Toyota, Lexus, Noicorette, Macdonalds, Subway, Just Jeans, The Reject Shop, Kraft, Arnotts, Optus--"Yes"....Sony, LJ Hooker....etc etc

and I ask...will/can this business ever have such Trusted Brand/Recognition Premium Pricing power as brands such as these ??? Why ?? Really...Prove it????

anyway...just some thoughts,
Robbo.

quote:Originally posted by tommy

Hi Robbo,

Good job opening this new thread

Do you think the market has hit the bottom with BSL? I like BSL too, but would rather see the stock plummet more so I can buy it dirt cheap... I'm stingy when it comes to investing my hard-earned dough, it hurts me more when I end up purchasing stocks at a high price rather than selling them at a modest profit!

I suppose it's because foregone unrealized profits are easier to accept than real cash spent on unnecessarily expensive stocks! (or perhaps it's just me[?])

Anyway, I will be focusing on BSL too tomorrow and next week for any shift in trends.