sharetrader

Hybrid View

Default FIRB approval required for >15% holding

PetroChina take over of Singapore Petroleum:

By my calculations if the FIRB rule that petrochina can only hold 15% of CUE this would force them to sell approx 9 million shares (1.31%).

That said, I think this is unlikely, given they allowed Singapore Petroleum to hold 16.31% and CUE is not a major oil producer but, its still a possibility!

Will be interesting to see what happens. Any thoughts???

Veteran novice

Practically a nil chance that the FIRB won't approve this IMO. They are already under some criticism for appearing to adopt a harder line with the Chinese than with other applicants and won't see any reason to make an issue of this minor matter.

Advanced Member

Default Petro China interest in Cue

Well done guys. Cue on Cue to go a lot higher. Don't hold but watching with interest.

Petro China...now that is a heavyweight shareholder. Cue has grown another leg.

Quote Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
    Well done guys. Cue on Cue to go a lot higher. Don't hold but watching with interest.

Petro China...now that is a heavyweight shareholder. Cue has grown another leg.
    Thanks Bermuda, good to have you back. Maybe there should be a Bermuda's shareholder weight indicator?

Having a Chinese state-owned heavyweight onboard is impressive indeed. Here's hoping the good news continues, should hear from Manaia pretty soon

Quote Originally Posted by trackers View Post
    Thanks Bermuda, good to have you back. Maybe there should be a Bermuda's shareholder weight indicator?

Having a Chinese state-owned heavyweight onboard is impressive indeed. Here's hoping the good news continues, should hear from Manaia pretty soon
    Hi Trackers and Bermuda

How important is this though? The CUE shares came as extra baggage when they bought Singapore Petroleum.
    Does this show genuine interest in CUE or is CUE merely something that came with the package?

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    Hi Trackers and Bermuda

How important is this though? The CUE shares came as extra baggage when they bought Singapore Petroleum.
    Does this show genuine interest in CUE or is CUE merely something that came with the package?
    Well I certainly wouldn't think having CUE on the books would have influenced the buying decision much, if at all (they paid 2.2billion for singpet and their CUE holdings are worth ~30mil)...

I'm more interested in PetroChina doing a review of their loot and realising they've got hold of a pearler and want to increase their holding in CUE to 100% ...

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by trackers View Post
    Well I certainly wouldn't think having CUE on the books would have influenced the buying decision much, if at all (they paid 2.2billion for singpet and their CUE holdings are worth ~30mil)...

I'm more interested in PetroChina doing a review of their loot and realising they've got hold of a pearler and want to increase their holding in CUE to 100% ...
    Let's hope they do see it that way although I have my strong doubts.

Would be a nice outcome though. Todds certainly won't let go of their 25% or so cheaply, not after all this time!