sharetrader

Hybrid View

Advanced Member

Default What to do?

Should you Buy, Hold, Sell, or move to Cash?

Confused by a plethora of arcane charts?
    More can be less.
    Here is a Market Overview for simple unsophisticated people like me :-

The uptrend continues.

Stay In.

Be careful.

[QUOTE=Phaedrus;281252]...Confused by a plethora of arcane charts?
    More can be less.
    QUOTE]

...thanks for the chart update -appreciated-
    ...but in the future, could you just cut the judgemental crap and get on with posting charts?

Kind Regards

Corporate

[QUOTE=ananda77;281270]
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    ...Confused by a plethora of arcane charts?
    More can be less.
    QUOTE]

...thanks for the chart update -appreciated-
    ...but in the future, could you just cut the judgemental crap and get on with posting charts?

Kind Regards
    I totally disagree with your comment Ananda. Phaedrus is making a great point. I also don't see it as judgmental.
    Last edited by Corporate; 11-11-2009 at 01:07 PM.

[QUOTE=Corporate;281286]
    Quote Originally Posted by ananda77 View Post
    I totally disagree with your comment Ananda. Phaedrus is making a great point. I also don't see it as judgmental.
    ...and so you may... and as far as the view of this thread is concerned Phaedrus posting his chart does make an excellent contribution; but 'being sophisticated' as in opposition to 'being unsophisticated' is a judgemental (emotional) statement relating to a given object, in this instance, the chart; and seeing anything personal in it (which I do not) may be my own perception; I was more concerned, that a person like Phaedrus needs to retort to using a phrase like 'unsophistcated like me' to get whatever point across

Quote Originally Posted by karlos View Post
    You obviously spend a great deal of time Ananda 77 constructing your posts. All your time spent is no doubt appreciated by a number of folks. Myself I find Phaedrus posts quick and easy to understand, I do not think he is having a dig at you personally
    ...and so it obviously makes sense to visit this thread to see Phaedrus's chart expressing his take on the SPX 500, if Phaedrus decides to continue to post his charts (I hope and would look forward to his point of view)

...other people may be intrigued by arco's posting expressing his view on the SPX 500 based on the Ichimoku system; I really do look forward to his point of view

...and Hoop with his excellent charting knowledge expressing his view on the SPX 500 based on Dow Theory etc; I really do look forward to his point of view

...I think it is worthwhile keeping a thread going where Hopefully now 3 people (including Phaedrus) -not to forget the Invetrics and Stocktiming contribution- are making valuable contributions to the thread -again Hopefully as often as possible

...also would appreciate a 'CYCLIC' take on the SPX 500 -definitely an exciting expectation; and as far as my information in this regard goes, the cycle people predict a 2 to 3 month up-cycle at least on the NZ Market

Kind Regards
    Last edited by ananda77; 11-11-2009 at 06:23 PM.

Corporate

...and so you may... and as far as the view of this thread is concerned Phaedrus posting his chart does make an excellent contribution; but 'being sophisticated' as in opposition to 'being unsophisticated' is a judgemental (emotional) statement relating to a given object, in this instance, the chart; and seeing anything personal in it (which I do not) may be my own perception; I was more concerned, that a person like Phaedrus needs to retort to using a phrase like 'unsophistcated like me' to get whatever point across
    You are kidding right? The beauty of Phaedrus’ posts is that they are simple, uncluttered, straight forward, and extremely easy to understand. This particular post in question is a perfect example of him eliminating all the "noise", and providing clarity through the use of a chart and annotations. It is the combination of these two aspects that really gets the point across.

Quote Originally Posted by Corporate View Post
    The beauty of Phaedrus’ posts is that they are simple, uncluttered, straight forward, and extremely easy to understand. This particular post in question is a perfect example of him eliminating all the "noise", and providing clarity through the use of a chart
    ...could not agree more

Kind Regards