sharetrader

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Hoops busted his data cap (20Gigs)
    thats a lot of securities charts!
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    thats a lot of securities charts!
    LOL nice one Peat

My Household = 4 Kids + 2 Adults....4 laptops + one desktop + 2 PS3s + Wii + bluetooth mobile smartphones = need lots of data...20Gig/month poof!! gone...easy

I realise that we are not a normal household but without constraint I estimate my household could use 60Gig/month high speed data now with new services appearing such as TV on demand on the PS3 and easy access to free internet TV station websites via media players. Just a year ago 20Gig/month was ample.

With HD and shortly 3D + new wireless internet capable toys it wouldn't surprise me that an average household in the near future..say 5 years time after everything has gone to wireless interactive digital.. would need 100Gig/month ultra high speed (+50MB/sec) affordable data stream.

Access to large fast data will happen it inevitable ..just unfortunate that the planners at Telecom in that past monpolistic environment couldn't (or refused to) see far enough ahead to plan for the future...and now the Govt..too late as usual has stepped in under urgency and haste to try and rectify and this could turn out to be a very messy solution for the taxpayer.

...but this is off topic and should have a thread of its own.....

Edit...Dial up speed suxs
    Last edited by Hoop; 29-04-2010 at 10:17 AM.