sharetrader
Page 30 of 872 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130530 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    gold is breaking out on the upside - the bubble continues.... even George Soros said if you see a bubble buy it.
    It's got a few years to run yet IMHO funny how the most negative towards gold silver have been saying the same thing over an over again an will continue too while Gold increasing further reminds me of when OIL when through $40bbl so many investors said it was in a bubble an no way could it go any higher as the world markets would crash an burn now it's $80bbl+ an no one really cares an in fact oil producers need it that high to make enough profits for the increasing exploration bills same will happen to gold at $2000oz yet I do think it will spike higher for a time
    Last edited by JBmurc; 29-04-2010 at 11:14 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Still got the NAVs trackers?
    Where I am at the moment there's an ad on TV that should help you out.
    If you call 1-800-296-1428 there's a prayer for you. in addition there's some miracle spring water and an annointed faith tool. (whatever that is)

Wonderful things happen apparently, gets people out of debt, money turns up in the mail etc.
    Sure do Skol, they hold assets and are about to generate revenues well in excess of their market cap, which is always a good thing (regardless of what they actually produce) - Not sure why you've sent me some religious advice, you should know by now that I operate on fact/evidence only

Hi,

Can someone explain to me why gold/silver prices crashed about 30-50% in 2008? That's in USD.

Im understand why in NZD it crashed in 2009 due to the exchange rate of the USD being very strong in early 2009 but not sure why the USD crash in 2008?

Thanks.
    Last edited by ENP; 30-04-2010 at 09:27 AM.

ENP
    everyone was deleveraging , so all assets get sold. in some ways gold but especially silver operate like other assets or commodities. yes gold has an air of quality that can make it rise during a flight to safety fearful period but when debt must be repaid gold can be sold like any other security. silver seems to operate even more than gold as as an industrial commodity in that if the economy shrinks less of it will be used so the price falls.
    in that sense there is some correlation between the precious metals and the stock markets.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

ENP
    everyone was deleveraging , so all assets get sold. in some ways gold but especially silver operate like other assets or commodities. yes gold has an air of quality that can make it rise during a flight to safety fearful period but when debt must be repaid gold can be sold like any other security. silver seems to operate even more than gold as as an industrial commodity in that if the economy shrinks less of it will be used so the price falls.
    in that sense there is some correlation between the precious metals and the stock markets.
    Oh ok. Thanks.

So much for it being a "safe haven" when the stock market is going down then? Guess it goes back to what I've read before that If you have $10,000 of gold coins and you need to put food on your families table because you lost your job, the gold has to go doesn't it?

gold is breaking out on the upside - the bubble continues.... even George Soros said if you see a bubble buy it.
    up $10 an oz in the 25 hrs since i posted.
    it was amazing how slow silver was to follow but follow it did - up 50c oz in the same period.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Banned

up $10 an oz in the 25 hrs since i posted.
    it was amazing how slow silver was to follow but follow it did - up 50c oz in the same period.
    Gold up but XGD down.
    Why's that?

The smart money on the way out.
    Last edited by Skol; 01-05-2010 at 08:49 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Gold up but XGD down.
    Why's that?

The smart money on the way out.
    U r so right Skol money is on the way out, actually being a gambling man, I bought back into a gold stock last week.
    I based it on the concept everything is not right in the world and it's a little like life insurance, except if it happens, you might get to enjoy the windfill. Then I read this and it reinforces it, gold might >>>>>

How Gold Could Climb to $6,500/oz
    By Greg McCoach | Thursday, April 29th, 2010

As I travel around to different parts of the world, one of the questions I keep hearing lately and with a sense of urgency is this:
    What should I do with my money?
    It seems a new block of investors has suddenly realized — and are worried — that they could lose purchasing power of their savings by keeping their money in banks or having invested in T-bills offering zero or negative return.
    And it seems the options for investors in a world fiat currency nightmare are diminishing quickly; one can hear the concern in their voices.

Where can one turn for safety? they ask, knowing little or nothing related to the history of fiat currencies...
    '''''''''''''''''''''''
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QovBLFZhQME

I bought back into a gold stock last week.

Which goldie T?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Chung View Post
    I bought back into a gold stock last week.

Which goldie T?
    Yeah which one is it tricha? Must be the only that's not imploding at the moment.