sharetrader
Page 114 of 574 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 5739

free range chickens and pigs
    momentum is building up for a law change
    watch the 10acre blocks boom.
    trouble is most of the horsey folks already own those blocks.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by mr.needs View Post
    So what's the next gold rush in farming that we all need to get into today, before it happens?
    My guess: dairy- again! The first 'farming fad' to make a comeback. Why? Because Fonterra is a globally sized marketing company that is behind the farmers. Unlike apples and lamb where alternative NZ suppliers bid down each other's returns, the dairy farmers are well organised and largely united. They have learned their market lesson not to raise cheese prices too fast and kill off overseas demand.

It is the same with kiwifruit who have now recovered by uniting under the Zespri brand and developing the innovative 'gold kiwifruit' and kiwiberries. Get the marketing to the supply chain sorted and returns to farmers will flow.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

percy

Does it really matter what the next gold rush is in farming as PGW the merchant will make money selling the picks etc to the miner farmers whatever they farm.

Long term PGG Wrightson should be looking to the global seed market. If their R&D is in place now and they have the right research partners in the right markets, they could position themselves to be a world leader.

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Long term PGG Wrightson should be looking to the global seed market. If their R&D is in place now and they have the right research partners in the right markets, they could position themselves to be a world leader.
    All in good time...

Agree with percy about PGW as core supplier, and snoopy re Norgate and South American butterflies. Now seems to be the best time to top-up on PGW for the very long term, won't have this opportunity again after europe rights itself next week ...

I hear pigs and eggs getting more popular too, neopole...

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by neopoleII View Post
    free range chickens and pigs
    momentum is building up for a law change
    watch the 10acre blocks boom.
    trouble is most of the horsey folks already own those blocks.
    Don't think so.

The 10 acre block can only sell to those who can afford to patronise the local "Farmers Market". They can't sell to the chains - nowhere near enough volume. And how on earth would one get a slice of the action ?

Of course, if the 10-acre-block-owners all got together, they could form a "strategic alliance" - maybe even a co-operative !

Then we could go through New Zealand farming history all over again !

Yippee ! Deja vu ?

NZs biggest free range egg producer is bending over backwards to find people to produce free range eggs for them.
    whats needed is 10 acres of flat land and no close neighbours or very accomodating neighbours.
    same will go for pigs once a co- op of sorts is organised......... and its starting to happen.

heres the link
    http://www.frenzs.co.nz/

What is the word on the RPC "overhang"? After all, these will either be sold or distributed to those who may choose to sell.
    Do not consider my postings as investment advice. I am here to share research and to speculate on what might be. The boundary between fact and conjecture might not always be clear - best to treat all comments as speculation.

Gidday Enumerate
    46,764,868/758,440,543 = about a sixteenth or 6%

I emailed the trustee asking for my allocation to then file in the bottom drawer, rather than a block sale.
    If they don't do as I asked, I hope that 6% is a nice parcel for someone to add to, or start a stake with & maybe a fairish price may be extracted.
    I suppose the trustee can't play god with peoples money & timeliness will be the key. Who can guess tommorows market??
    Rgds