Enumerate: I haven't had much spare time to make any further considered contribution to this thread, but I am fully in agreement with the thrust of your posts. You are a very articulate writer, and I believe that you also should let the various Government functionaries have the "benefit" of the extremely valid points you have made. We need to make them answerable for their ill-considered actions. I will send you a Private Message as to what specific action I have taken.

Lawso: Yes, I agree. And its a great irony that, in purportedly seeking to "protect investors in Aorangi Securities", they have undoubtedly weakened the position of investors in the SCF 2010 bonds and the perpetual preference shares, amounting to $220 million in all - far greater than the amount that Aorangi investors have placed with that company, who will probably emerge unscathed.

How incredibly disingenuous, nay downright naive, of them to state that the announcements re placing Mr & Mrs Hubbard in Statutory Management, and setting the Serious Fraud alsatians onto them, "would not affect SCF!".