sharetrader
Page 163 of 764 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263663 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 7633
    Advanced Member

Maybe, Fungus Pudding. But then you wouldn't be bringing in new packaging as well, as you would have old product to sell.

The bottle now says "90 Chewable Tablets", where it used to just say "Chewable Tablets". Also, the old Bioguard TV ad shows the bottle reading "Ear, Nose and Throat Care", whereas it now says "Daily Immune Support". (I imagine that means a new TV ad too maybe?) That change is probably to fit in with Blis K12's market positioning, but presumably they hope it will mean Bioguard will not be taken off the shelves at the end of winter this time too? The text on the Costco page now includes the words "the mouth, "gateway to your health"", echoing the Blisk12.com motto of "Protecting the Gateway to Your Body's Health."

I'm sorry, but I'm definitely seeing this one as good news.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    Maybe, Fungus Pudding. But then you wouldn't be bringing in new packaging as well, as you would have old product to sell.

The bottle now says "90 Chewable Tablets", where it used to just say "Chewable Tablets". Also, the old Bioguard TV ad shows the bottle reading "Ear, Nose and Throat Care", whereas it now says "Daily Immune Support". (I imagine that means a new TV ad too maybe?) That change is probably to fit in with Blis K12's market positioning, but presumably they hope it will mean Bioguard will not be taken off the shelves at the end of winter this time too? The text on the Costco page now includes the words "the mouth, "gateway to your health"", echoing the Blisk12.com motto of "Protecting the Gateway to Your Body's Health."

I'm sorry, but I'm definitely seeing this one as good news.
    I certainly admire your optimism.

Advanced Member

"As price decreases in the elastic range, [total revenue] increases, but in the inelastic range, [total revenue] decreases. " http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_elasticity_of_demand

Is this product in the elastic or inelastic phase? Will sales revenue respond to price changes, in other words? Considering that there is some fairly well constructed marketing going on here, I'm sure they have considered that question carefully.

The marketing has improved with this change of focus...in my opinion.

Their product is now much better value for money than it was before in comparision to other K12 products.

It should help sales. I don't see it as bad news. Imagenetix are either responding to feedback or just trying to improve the appeal of their product or a combination of the two. That is good. Better than a company that launches a product and then refuses to refine it because THEY think it is good enough as it is.

We will just have to wait for the half year figures before getting too excited either way.

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post

Their product is now much better value for money than it was before in comparision to other K12 products.

It should help sales. I don't see it as bad news. Imagenetix are either responding to feedback or just trying to improve the appeal of their product or a combination of the two. That is good. Better than a company that launches a product and then refuses to refine it because THEY think it is good enough as it is.

We will just have to wait for the half year figures before getting too excited either way.
    Also, a drop in retail price doesn't constitute a drop in the price BLIS receives for its ingredient sales. Each bottle contains 20% more product => 20% boost in revenue for BLIS! A drop in Imagenetix's margin isn't a drop in BLIS' margin.
    Last edited by mr.needs; 24-09-2010 at 05:58 PM. Reason: ,

It is new since my posting because searching now returns the page you provided.

All previous product reviews have gone which is a pity.
    The product reviews are back.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.needs View Post
    Also, a drop in retail price doesn't constitute a drop in the price BLIS receives for its ingredient sales. Each bottle contains 20% more product => 20% boost in revenue for BLIS! A drop in Imagenetix's margin isn't a drop in BLIS' margin.
    Yes that is an EXCELLENT point!!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr.needs View Post
    Each bottle contains 20% more product => 20% boost in revenue for BLIS!
    Yes, a very good point.

Advanced Member

1. Assembling Bricks

We are starting to see bricks being assembled for strong end-consumer marketing. The web site looks well constructed and well presented. Various players have agreed to come on board for a joint site like this. Bioguard have seemingly repackaged to match the marketing, and the Costco webpage likewise reworded to match. A slogan (Protecting the Gateway to Your Body's Health) appears to have been chosen, and feels like it has good mileage in it. The Blis K12 logo is starting to appear on things. Probably other things are happening.

This reminds me of how we watched as the bricks got assembled over the last year or two into having a good foundation of formulators and brand managers etc using the product. The bricks kept being added to, with a very impressive result. And more bricks are even now still being added, of course.

2. Customer Value Proposition.

I'm particularly pleased to see the message "Protecting the Gateway to Your Body's Health", because I think it is vital to have a message that consumers can easily understand and see the value in. In marketing, this is called the CVP, or Customer Value Proposition.

Wiki says of that, "A good customer value proposition will provide convincing reasons why a customer should buy a product, and also differentiate your product from competitors." Also, "In order to achieve objectives, a customer value proposition needs to be clear, concise and compelling."

Spot on, and I think this new message fulfills that pretty well. I haven't personally felt the CVP has been especially concisely worded up till now, but I feel that this statement IS clear, IS concise, and IS compelling. I'm impressed with it. As Wiki also says, "Gaining a customers’ attention and approval will help in [building] sales faster and more profitability, as well as work to increase market share." I would certainly hold high hopes that this slogan is worth money in the bank.

Excellent.

Advanced Member

Progress continues to grow, to judge by the news we are seeing.

There are now nine reviews on Costco, for example. And here's 11 very positive reviews for the LEF Advanced Oral hygiene. http://www.iherb.com/Life-Extension-...&sr=1&fr=&l=ko

Distribution grows well. In addition to the several thousand stores we believe to be currently selling Bioguard, there are presumably several thousand more selling other supplement products?

And end-consumer marketing is being assembled as we watch.

Plus we've been told that sales YTD were looking promising as of the last AGM.

All good. But what we don't know is the relative growth of the expenses compared to the growth of the revenue. The new marketing will be costing of course. And the GRAS work will be costing, as will the work complying in Europe and other places. And launching M18 will cost something too. Plus the company usually has other things on the boil.

With so much progress in placing K12 in the marketplace now, it seems reasonable that it won't be too much longer before the sales revenue grows faster than the expansion expense grows. Has that already happened or will it be later?

Ah! Who Knows!

As you say, hard to know what the next results will reveal. And usually the news is as interesting as the financials, too.