Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
Re #1 = Are you wanting to sell your current holdings seeking better returns, or add to them thru regular "dollar cost averaging?"

#2 - You seem switched on, so risk isn't an issue, i also look for higher rewards thru taking on higher risk, but my style is purely FA & i look for low EV style companies that the market hasnt cottoned onto yet.

#3 - Energy is such a large investment area, with oil, gas, unconventional gas, geothermal, coal, uranium + the utilities - plenty of stocks in this area

#4 TA wise there are many threads on here with info on learning sites etc & some very good chartist, there are also plenty of fundies who will post there analysis

#5 How are you funding the OE, what i mean is assuming the shares & properties are left ticking away at the rates you mentioned & those funds are not used, ie a long term plan, or will you simply cease the ongoing funding whilst travelling? seems you have your affairs covered, good stuff

#7 - Kiwisaver comment was just a thought i had, may as well take the free money, im going to just put in 2% in my next role

#8 Great you have such goals, i recommend you get/read Martin Hawes book, "Get Rich, Stay Rich" (& become financially free), otherwise next time you're in Wellington, let me know & you can have my copy.

Be good to meet you at a future Wellington Sharetrader event, there are some great people here in the Nations Capital!
Shasta thanks again for your posts. I have spent some time looking at other threads with advice you have given other novices like me.

#1 At this stage planing on holding my current position and potentially adding to them. Looking at increasing my holding in RYM, currently a smaller portion of my portfolio. In a post I mentioned i'm looking at investing another 10k. I am thinking two parcels of 5K. What would you recommend to be efficient sized parcels to Buy given the small capital available.

#5 The OE... This is the big one. My current idea for funding the OE is probably going to get beaten up. I am planing on reducing my debt before I go so I have 20k of the flexi available as a safety net for the properties and to fund the OE if I really get stuck (not my preferred option). The primary funding will be from my annual bonus at work, my accrued annual leave as a payout and selling my car. Should land me with 10-13 to play with. OE is going to be a working one!

#8 I have added the book to my Fishpond watchlist! Thanks for offer tho.

Looking forward to meeting people at the ST events. Keep me posted.