Hi Lizard, yes I understand. Needs a near perfect allignment of too many variables and perhaps the forum is best option. If the situation does allign I am interested as a starter but will not hold my breath. If interest develops then so be it. Thanks again.
Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Hi Birmanboy,
I'd be quite happy to organise such an event if I thought enough people would turn up to make it worthwhile. However, given the nature of ShareTrader, I suspect it would be lucky to get more than 4 or 5 turn up - and then there would be such differences in areas of interest that most would sigh that the content had been of little interest. Anyway, I've put a thread/poll up to test the theory.

The reality is that ShareTrader itself is a virtual form of that meeting that you are looking for - it allows the discussion to take place between unlimited participants over unlimited time and yet allows each participant to pursue their own interests and talk over each other. Maybe that is somewhat dissatisfying at times when no answers are obtained to seemingly important questions, but the reality is that a limited number of people in a physical "event" are likely to do even worse.