sharetrader

Hybrid View

Question is, who bought that stake ? Was it a single new major investor or placed at a discount through one of the large brokerages to selected clients who are now abritraging their opportunity. The market is telling us its the latter.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-07-2011 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Question is, who bought that stake ? Was it a single new major investor or placed at a discount through one of the large brokerages to selected clients who are now abritraging their opportunity. The market is telling us its the latter.
    Craigs hit the phones after the market closed yesterday - took the opportunity to top up my holding.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Craigs hit the phones after the market closed yesterday - took the opportunity to top up my holding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Some happy Craig's clients then. Maybe its time for me to switch brokers ? Forsyth Barr are .... I'd better not say it.
    The rest of us who want to top up have to pay more :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    $2.58 was the price. Institutions got the bulk and us lucky Craigs clients the rest.
    Now is the time for the "lucky" few to be careful.

After a long uptrend 28 months that included a technical weakness starting mid June 2010 lasting 4 months, we are experiencing another weakness now. The primary uptrend survived the June-October 2010 technical weakness which had better fundamentals than now. This latest weakness could just be another breather in RYM bull cycle....atm it is too early to tell. To be careful the new entrants should have stop/loss point in place.

Not to offend anyone....when smart money exits dumb money fills the void.

I personally find this period of weakness when most of the technical indicators fire sell signals a time not to buy..granted everyone has a different trading methods.

The chart below shows the gap up and gap down area...imagine Tainui selling exactly at that point spooky ..huh? Drawing S&R lines through gaps makes those lines very powerful therefore that 2.70 resistance level is very powerful (note 2.70 S&R line is undistinguishable on a line chart). Trading above 2.70 would therefore be a vote of confidence. A drop below 2.62 would confirm a downtrend.