sharetrader
Page 307 of 875 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317357407807 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 8749

Thread: Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    What will happen when the ETF's start dumping hundreds of tons of gold and silver next week?

Bet it's a scary weekend for Theresa Gattung.
    Nothing much as they don't hold much if any real Gold bullion....JPM runs the biggest Silver ETF they are also well known to hold one of the largest Naked short position in silver talk about conflict of interest....(or more so smart illegal use of investors funds).....
    i.e they personal don't hold anywhere near the amount of Real Silver their short....An they run the biggest so called holding of Silver bullion in the world that ETF holders own but can never at anytime access or see... they can only even get their money back an not take any of the so called masses of real silver Bullion they invested in !!

ETF FACT - If you don't hold it you don't own it..
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by moggie View Post
    This question must have been asked many times but I can't seem to find it in on the threads and that is which are the best places places to buy gold in NZ specifically Auckland.

There is also a new bullion only site, Bullion Market, I have been buying off it lately, same sellers you will find on other sites (TM... sella..) but its just for bullion. Some good prices on there at the moment after the recent falls.
    Last edited by plpa; 26-09-2011 at 08:50 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Nothing much as they don't hold much if any real Gold bullion
    As of 25th June 2010 physically backed ETF's held 2062 tonnes of gold in total.

iShares silver trust alone held 360,000,000 oz of silver as at April 10 2011.
    Last edited by Skol; 26-09-2011 at 07:16 AM.

Legend

What if all of this gold drop is just investors/traders covering their losses in the main markets? Many will have hedged with gold. Of course gold will have to keep parity with oil in the medium term too. As I'm bullish on the oil price medium term, I'd expect a return to higher gold prices once the weak hands have disappeared. Any talk of QE3 will also boost gold.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    What if all of this gold drop is just investors/traders covering their losses in the main markets? Many will have hedged with gold. Of course gold will have to keep parity with oil in the medium term too. As I'm bullish on the oil price medium term, I'd expect a return to higher gold prices once the weak hands have disappeared. Any talk of QE3 will also boost gold.
    What if it was investors selling to cover increased margin requirements? Say hikes ofgold margins by 21%, silver by 16% and copper by 18%.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/case-closed-cme-hikes-gold-silver-copper-margins

P
    ersonally I cant see a market going any other way then it did with margin changes like this.

Banned

Forget gold and silver, they're headed back to the mean, best way to make, or should I say, save, money at the moment, pay off debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Forget gold and silver, they're headed back to the mean, best way to make, or should I say, save, money at the moment, pay off debt.
    I agree with paying off debt, no point owing money that is costing you every day. However that only helps on an individual level.

If everyone paid off their debt their would be no 'money' left as is it a debt instrument itself. Money (currency) is created through the issuing of debt.
    In NZ private institutions create 80% plus of the money, how do they do that, they are not allowed to print notes thats for sure. So if everyone started paying off their debt then their would be a massive contraction of the money supply. Money (currency) needs more money (currency) creation to keep it going.

Forget gold and silver as a commodity, yes absolutely, debt is becoming a huge problem and when people cant afford to buy products with silver in them, industrial use will decrease.

Forget gold and silver as an investment, yes absolutely, well actually it never was as it isnt income generating.

Forget gold and silver as real money, now that is where things change, gold and silver will be money once again, debt backed money/currency has failed, as a store of value it has done a terrible job. And that is a requirement of money. Im not looking ahead to a future where I sell silver for paper, but rather where I use it as money.

NZ Floating Debt/loan interest rate 5.7% Inflation 5%

The Periodic table's symbol for silver is Ag and Argentum is also Latin for 'Payment' (I believe)...
    The root of the Latin word argentum is argent, meaning money.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by plpa View Post
    What if it was investors selling to cover increased margin requirements? Say hikes ofgold margins by 21%, silver by 16% and copper by 18%.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/case-closed-cme-hikes-gold-silver-copper-margins

P
    ersonally I cant see a market going any other way then it did with margin changes like this.
    Good point, this also occurred a few weeks ago didn't it?

Guru

Pay off debt--economics 101,but its amazing how many people neglect this basic ''law of survival''these days [and even take on more debt]