sharetrader

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

Hybrid View

Guru

I have noticed Macpac setting up their own stores recently. They also seem to have quit a few sales on - not as much as KMD but more than end of summer/winter sales.

I am not an investor but if I was, it would be interesting to know if KMD manly sold cloths or a good mixture of equipment. If the later, I would expect the lead in to Winter to be big for them as people buy warm/wet weather gear. If camping equipment was a big component, then a slow period into Christmas would be seen as a very bad sign.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Corporate

I've had a look around three KMD stores during the Christmas period and I must say they seem dead. I really expected to see more people buying!

Compare this to JBHifi. The Willis street store today was manic! The line to the counter was longer than the girls toilets at a festival. TV's were being carried out of the store like i'd never seen!

Advanced Member

Katmandu dont seem to sell much serious gear. The rea;l hardcore adventurer people would buy from elsewhere.

I suspect Katmandu rely more on good weather than a good xmas. They need all the masses to go camping. When they first started up people flocked to their massive sales thinking they were getting a bargain. However the public soon saw through it and realised that most the sales were misleading

Corporate

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Katmandu dont seem to sell much serious gear. The rea;l hardcore adventurer people would buy from elsewhere.

I suspect Katmandu rely more on good weather than a good xmas. They need all the masses to go camping. When they first started up people flocked to their massive sales thinking they were getting a bargain. However the public soon saw through it and realised that most the sales were misleading
    Your right. I don't buy anything from KMD unless I'm getting 40-50% off. Which in reality is about 20% off..

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Corporate View Post
    Your right. I don't buy anything from KMD unless I'm getting 40-50% off. Which in reality is about 20% off..
    Yeah. I don't know anyone who admits to buying anything at Kathmandu unless it's at sale time.