sharetrader
Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Me (TME)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Overall market sentiment at work, or perhaps jitters over Fairfax's majority ownership and their ongoing issues? Must admit, TradeMe has been a much better performer than I expected - did not expect it to hit $4.
    I sold out early and did not expect it to get over $4. It has drifted down a lot, is that just on the rumor that Fairfax may have to sell down or has there been something else I haven't heard. The economy is no worse than it was back then - Greece is still in ruins.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Tellingly, the volume for TME has dropped away by 70% on average since it's highs in mid May. Around 500-1m shares traded per day compared to 2m-2.5m shares a day a month ago.
    So you think it was just a slow and gradual "IPO pop" as funds slowly built up their 'index' holdings, or some other factor, but not fundamentals based.

Trading halt. Judging from the price movement prior to this. Can't be good news.

Advanced Member

Seems to be all good, they are flicking the shares off at a decent price to the new investors

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Seems to be all good, they are flicking the shares off at a decent price to the new investors
    Those that got in on the private placement got a better stag than the IPO.

I would have thought there would be some selling pressure as they offload but the price has held up.

More of a comment about Fairfax than TradeMe, bbut doesnt it strike anyone that selling 'new media' to save a company that hasnt invested in 'new media' as an odd thing to do.

You're supposed to keep the winners.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Gina Rinehart has already expressed concerns about Fairfax’s recent partial sell down of its stake in Trade Me.
    https://theconversation.edu.au/whats...sell-down-8090
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

percy

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I would have thought Faifax would be better off selling their newspapers and keeping trade me.
    I still think this is true.

Advanced Member

Why are trade me constantly making announcements about the state of the economy?. theyn have even started making forward statements about future job growth and housiprices.
    All fairly interesting , but why are they doing it , i would rather be hearijg how the company is performing,

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Why are trade me constantly making announcements about the state of the economy?. theyn have even started making forward statements about future job growth and housiprices.
    All fairly interesting , but why are they doing it , i would rather be hearijg how the company is performing,
    I am OK with these announcements. You can always ignore them I guess. Information is huge asset these days. If they put their data to use to come up with some valuable information, and use whatever channel to broadcast it. I don't see any issue with that.