I applaud your efforts and desire to bring discipline to share investing..as you say it takes a lot of work and time to do anything well. The only slight flaw in these plans is that the patterns and discovered cyclical nature of these things are only really obvious looking backwards at the years of accumulated data and details. If you draw the conclusion that this has repeated sufficiently then the next step presumably is to apply it to current stuations and expand it further into the future. The unfortunate fact is that to my mind an awful lot of investors will interpret the situation in different ways..some will be accurate (thereby cementing their belief that this system works) and some will be wrong in either the timing or details of the cycle. I just have a problem believing that you can "know" what to expect with any degree of certainty. How many times have we said, "why is the SP going up (or going down) when there is no apparent reason for it". A week or 2 weeks later there is some news in the media that explains the movement. The problem is any TA or FA analysis in these situations is useless because its "outside" the cycle. By all means try to bring order to the understanding but those who discount the possibility of "chaos" in disrupting the cycle are eventually going to be surprised.
Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
Stress is a product from emotion
Emotion kills (and also kills your portfolio)
Share investing is a discipline based around various financial fundamentals (FA) and trading behaviours (TA)....you won't earn money by ignoring it nor using punt and hope. Just like Doctors Lawyers Mechanics Carpenters you have to learn your trade and apply it....it takes years.

This thread attempts to collect and show the better ways of applying a small part of that trade (investing) during a secular bear market cycle. The trading methods and research mentioned on this are educational and are provided to us over the years by successful authors/traders to help educate people who want to invest and help minimize losses and help maximize gains...Winner, I and some others find this information and relay it onto this thread.
This thread concentrates on just one type of cycle, the Secular (long term) Bear Market Cycle...as it is a cycle, it and all its parts constantly repeats and therefore we can learn and apply using the past secular bear cycles as references , thereby knowing what to expect and avoid repeating the same long term investment mistakes when this same situation occurs again.........if a situation does not constantly repeat then it is not a cycle...simple!