sharetrader
Page 76 of 1721 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677787980861261765761076 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Onwards and upwards.

Back to Heartland. I am surprised that the stock didn't hurtle past 70c with gusto, but on reflection it is still early days - they're not a bank yet, merely able to pursue a retail banking strategy.
    At the AGM someone questioned HNZ's low profile.Question was answered; that until they had the banking licence it was pointless spending money advertising Heartland Building Society.However, there would be no low profile when they started promoting Heartland Bank.Once Heartland Bank advertising starts, then I would expect more interest in HNZ shares.We will see half year result in February,and I expect each announcement will attract more interest. A listed NZ Bank,with growing earnings,paying a dividend,sound management, [who have done what they said they would do],excellent equity ratio, should see HNZ coming up in more investor's horizons.

Well said Percey, and with their banking licence now it seems likely that HNZ funding cost will reduce.
    Reduce funding cost is likely to increase margins and happier share holders.

With just over 200k on the buy side total , and over 900k at 69 and 70 cents alone i thought there may have been more zing on the buy side with the banking licence in place but still early days.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    No No No Turmeric......there is no strong support at 70....There is strong reistance at 70.

HNZ uptrend has paused. This is quite common after a rapid uptrend ..the stock is taking a breather due to exhaustion....the short termers are profit taking together with a decrease of buyer demand .....

HNZ has tested the 70 c resistance and has so far failed...this is seen as bearish...however for the optimists... just recently I think there has been some positive TA signals (people with Metastock with EOD data feed may confirm this)...if so then that 70c resistance could be under threat and a likelihood of HNZ breaking through that 70c barrier....this would be seen as bullish and a rapid resumption of the uptrend will occur.

Lack of Yahoo data for HNZ makes Incredible Charts useless so this simple chart below has to suffice.

The resistance at 70c is proving a tough ask to break. I was sure the banking licence would do the trick, but it looks like it is going to be a slow grind rather than a sprint.

Saw an interesting comment from HH Green i read today that they were surprised by the lack of movement upwards, they were expecting 7c-10c apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddarcy View Post
    The resistance at 70c is proving a tough ask to break. I was sure the banking licence would do the trick, but it looks like it is going to be a slow grind rather than a sprint.

Saw an interesting comment from HH Green i read today that they were surprised by the lack of movement upwards, they were expecting 7c-10c apparently.
    The resistance has already been broken Baddarcy,if you look back to Dec. 4 the stock closed at .71c then retraced in the following days.
    So uptrend continues.

老外

You have to be fair to Baddarcy, his post was on the 27th of Nov before HNZ broke 0.71.

I aren't sure why people would be selling at this level though. I won't even be thinking about selling for the next long while as I think the company has a very bright future now the banking license is achieved. Innovative products in a market that appears to be at the bottom of its cycle... improving finances, improving stability, increasing profits... realistic management... why sell? These guys could be hitting 100's of millions in profits in 5 years or so. That translates to a damn good dividend. At least a medium term hold for me, long if they keep doing what they say.

老外

*my last post of "100's of millions" is a personal opinion based on potential growth for their new products, nothing to actually back that up!*

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    No old ANZ Cortina with a GT badge. Latest model bank tourer with all the bells and whistles.NZ owned bank serving NZ "Heartland". A true thoroughbred. In fact a good replacement for that National bank one ANZ sent to the pet food factory.
    I can't say I'm happy about ANZ dropping their National Bank Brand. But I am not unhappy enough to close my National bank account and move to Heartland yet!

I was surprised at new RBNZ governor Wheeler breaking the Reserve Bank rules and declaring Heartland a bank after little more than a year in business. I guess as the new governor, he can now write his own rules. But despite stepladders being dispatched all over the country, so they can hand write 'bank' next to the up to now underdressed new 'Heartland' (blank) green and black livery, you can be sure of one thing. Heartland bank is not too big to fail. That under the mattress bank will be hard to dislodge as a safe haven for some OAPs.

SNOOPY

PS Just noticed something. If they had officially called themselves 'Heartland (blank)' up to now the paintbrush transition would have been as easy as painting out the now superfluous 'l'!
    Last edited by Snoopy; 18-12-2012 at 03:15 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I can't say I'm happy about ANZ dropping their National Bank Brand. But I am not unhappy enough to close my National bank account and move to Heartland yet!

I was surprised at new RBNZ governor Wheeler breaking the Reserve Bank rules and declaring Heartland a bank after little more than a year in business. I guess as the new governor, he can now write his own rules. But despite stepladders being dispatched all over the country, so they can hand write 'bank' next to the up to now underdressed new 'Heartland' (blank) green and black livery, you can be sure of one thing. Heartland bank is not too big to fail. That under the mattress bank will be hard to dislodge as a safe haven for some OAPs.

SNOOPY

PS Just noticed something. If they had officially called themselves 'Heartland (blank)' up to now the paintbrush transition would have been as easy as painting out the now superfluous 'l'!
    Disclosure.A family trust I am a trustee to recently brought some ANZ shares.Trust also increased it's holding of HNZ.Losing National Bank brand is a sad day.
    I think the delay in granting the HNZ bank licence was because new RBNZ governor was not wanting a "black mark" early on his watch.
    From what I understand you do not just apply for a bank licence on the form you posted.A lot of discussions go on before
    "you are invited " to submit an application.HNZ have spent a lot of money paying for consultants to prepare the information RBNZ have wanted. [ May be more correct to say RBNZ consultants.]
    The give away that all was on track was given 10/4/12 when Sean Kam resigned as CFO.Those who knew his backgound knew he had done the job.
    Last edited by percy; 18-12-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Plenty of resistance at .70c and seems to keep growing, I wonder who is selling .. lot's of small players or someone gradually offloading a large chunk?