You might be correct that 30% is control but I think that is largely reliant on general shareholder inertia. There are still significant legal prerequisites/abilities hinging around the percentage held.What I am really talking about is a steady progression to compulsory accquisition.
Cushings previously controlled the management company of NZ Rural Property Trust so there is nothing new about management.If you think extracting over $3,500,000 from exiting shareholders is the way to create wealth for all shareholders I am considerably less sanguine about that. It may be that having recently bought at a discount you will be equally happy to exit at a significant discount. I am already a long term holder. What I would consider creating wealth for shareholders would be an oportunity to realise the real value of the shares.Cushing interests previously mopped up the Property Trust units at a discount. Now with the company structure they are able to to advance the same objective with the company's resources.
St John proprty Fund is another Unlisted with a major shareholder, there approaching 75%. Shareholders have been exiting at $1.20 to $1.50 against an asset backing of $2.43. . Is that wealth for all shareholders?
[QUOTE=percy;396337]
Quote Originally Posted by 1leon View Post

I think you will find/are finding David Cushing and the other fella are moving the company along very well.I think what they are doing is adding wealth for all shareholders. Any one owning 30% of a company really has control,so voting power well gone.
I do not hold [unfortunately] Skyline shares.