Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
A little anecdote regarding my experience with Onepath:
So I am a full time student and therefore do not contribute a whole lot to my kiwisaver fund via contributions taken from my wages. As a result every year I get in touch with my provider to get a financial year to date summary to determine how much money I will need to deposit to make sure I get the full government contribution for the year (the member tax credit).
This year I was a little early in making my call to Onepath (my new provider as of this time last year). Long story short , the Lady I spoke to said she wasn’t able to give me this summary, rather she would send me via post a document containing all the transactions made in my Kiwisaver funds this financial year (roughly a 20 page document) and I should add them all up. I told her that there was no way I wanted to add up 20 pages of numbers, her reply was “neither do we”!!
I said to her surely as the provider surely she should be able to provide me these details. She put me on hold, talked to her supervisor, and came back and said the information would be in the mail. I said, great, but I wanted to confirm that the information I wanted would be in there, summarised as I had requested. She said” yup it will be there”. Sure enough 5 days later I received a 20 page document with NO summary.
I have since called again and made an official complaint. One path have NOT made contact with me. I am, on principle now looking for a new provider. One that on the surface at least gives 2 sh#ts about me as a customer and one that knows what they are doing!
Any recommendations on good providers??
Tumeric I have my children with One Path and my wife and I are with Gareth Morgan Kiwisaver. While the returns have been slightly higher for One Path so far, the GMK program has a great and very informative website and great support staff. One Path's reporting and information is pathetic in comparison. Just my 2 cents worth on their reporting and not meant to be recommending any particular service providers as investment choices.