Quote Originally Posted by 1leon View Post
There is a view, with which I don't entirely agree, that 30% is effective control. I wouldn't be entirely sanguine about "probably 40%" if that is in fact what Bright will reduce to. I am very conscious I risk being acused of sino phobia and would be pleased if anyone could provide any examples of Chinese NZ long term investment for the continuing prosperity of all shareholders. If you throw Fonterra ( NZ infant formulas quality again a live issue) and Zespri scandels into the mix,the investment future tends more to the highly speculative than than conservative!
http://www.odt.co.nz/news/national/2...bad-news-china
I agree 40% is still a large shareholding , but I think Bright are reasonably "hand's off" with the day to day management of the stainless steel and leave that to the local experts. They may have more of a say in strategic decisions like the one to go into Lactoferrin , but even then I imagine management have a fair degree of autonomy.

Nice rally in US Stockmarket this a.m. but the Kiwi$ up over 1c ... very volatile the little NZD at present!