sharetrader
Page 116 of 473 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 4726
    Guru

MAC thanks for the wealth of info.
    It reminds me of my wifes inlaws in Canada who got out of the residential building game when things like that got to crazy.
    He once told me when they build a house,if the owner decided to do the painting himself,under law ,the painting is still covered on the guarantee!
    It will be interesting to see how Ryman handles this next potential test .

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Holy Molly - the workers screwed that job good and proper eh

Last time I was Melbourne construction workers / builders brought the CBS to a standstill because of some dispute
    Very concerning.

Australia has one of the highest minimum and average wages worldwide and the unions still want more.

No wonder Buffett tries to stay clear of companies with well formed union labour.

Announcement to the exchange this morning David Kerr, Director purchases shares on market, invests ~ $100K at last Friday's price. Good to see.

Was he the chap who bought 100k at around 3.60 before it started firing after they toured investors in china. What's the story with rym listing on the asx? Or was that sum who mentioned it Maybe this is happening soon. Cheers

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    Was he the chap who bought 100k at around 3.60 before it started firing after they toured investors in china. What's the story with rym listing on the asx? Or was that sum who mentioned it Maybe this is happening soon. Cheers
    SUM and MET have said they are doing it - though they both have australian shareholders who are trying to sell down. RYM have said they will do it at some stage I think - less committed should the Melbourne trial not work?
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

less committed should the Melbourne trial not work?
    No, just showing good common sense practice of keeping overheads sensible until its proved an Aussie listing would be benificial to all shareholders. Ryman don't need to waste money pandering to the interests of private equity owners like some others.
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-06-2013 at 10:25 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    No, just showing good common sense practice of keeping overheads sensible until its proved an Aussie listing would be benificial to all shareholders. Ryman don't need to waste money pandering to the interests of private equity owners like some others.
    That is what I meant - there is no 'need' for an Australian listing if they dont have a big business over there - they have plenty of support in NZ from being a superstar company.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    My guess is at the earliest, they will list a couple of months before they market units in earnest at Wheelers Hill, potentially more likely half way through once they are happy with Australian sales and adoption of the Ryman model.
    My guess is they will wait to ensure they will go ahead with the full Australian rollout. If they decide to exit the Australian investment, the ASX listing would be superfluous, given the support they have in NZ>

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Wow. Well, that suggests selling RYM at todays levels would be an error. I see this clearly a hold now, with buys on the dips.... Maybe even more optimistic than that
    Why do you put such a BIG emphasis on director buying?

I understand that you think by this happening you see it as faith in the company, they see it good value, have skin in the game, etc.

Why why such a big emphasis as opposed to other measures?
    "You’re neither right nor wrong because other people agree with you. You’re right because your facts are right and your reasoning is right"

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Good to see my kiwisaver fund is making sales averaging above their slight buying of the dips in RYM. Hope they have somewhere good to put that money now!

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/176563.pdf
    That's the problem isn't it !! The market isn't exactly awash with quality growth stocks trading at fair multiples is it !! Managed to snap up a few SKC late last week at $4.16 which is really only fair value at that price but I'm really struggling to find any value in this market to be honest.
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-06-2013 at 05:27 PM.