sharetrader

Hybrid View

Banned

A good move up in the NZ50 today, seemingly shaking off all that go away and taper off the fiscal cliff news from the US.

Any TA worth their salt should be able to tell us where the NZ50 will be at years end. Anyone prepared to have a crack, it's only four months away ?

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    A good move up in the NZ50 today, seemingly shaking off all that go away and taper off the fiscal cliff news from the US.

Any TA worth their salt should be able to tell us where the NZ50 will be at years end. Anyone prepared to have a crack, it's only four months away ?
    You being cynical now mac ....not your usual modes operadi mate

I always said nzx50 to be 5000 by Christmas ....said that last year .....and this year ....I be right one year eh

But then the world don't like Octobers ..... Yanks have a day off before the action starts ....so how about 4000 then.

Banned

I'm just looking for some TA forecasts winner, something we don't seem to see a lot of when it comes to the NZ50 on this forum ?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    I'm just looking for some TA forecasts winner, something we don't seem to see a lot of when it comes to the NZ50 on this forum ?
    You don't see a lot of them because TA can't foresee the future ....TA indicators rely on trading data...

Chartists use Repeating Chart patterns statistics to obtain a probability...using the principals.. that investor behaviour repeats and "this time isn't different"
    Chartists also use cycles..(cycles always repeat 100% of the time)... extended trend lines/cycles, extended support and resistance lines etc.

Being a Chartist I like to think I forecast better than a Weather Forecaster....therefore I know I'm better than an Economist because Weather Forecasters think they are:

Us Chartists had a bit of serious competition a few years back with Paul the Octopus but since his demise the spotlight is back where it rightfully belongs
    Last edited by Hoop; 03-09-2013 at 12:00 AM.

Banned

Fundamentals are looking good Hoop, thought your charts might be looking a bit rosier too ?. Although, having a weather forecaster in the family I can understand that making a prediction is a delicate thing.

We should thus then now confidently and absolutely predict, that it will be either sunny or rainy, and the NZ50 will be either up or down.

I think we can all probably do a little better than that actually, lots of exp in this forum ?