sharetrader
Page 100 of 286 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 2855

Thread: CNU - Chorus

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    It's not just the younger ones who wondered where cats, dead or alive came into it. Personally I've found the stray questions and patient answers a HUGE help in expanding my knowledge and understanding.
    My pleasure ... anytime I am free

I think UFB could be something that will be obsolete very soon. With the revolution of Mobile devices that they are fastly becoming mainstream devices for us to get online. I believe the business model of providing internet service will change soon. We want fast internet access everywhere, on every device. Be it your cellphone, your Google glass, your car, or your watch. We will want a single plan that covers all our internet traffic on all these devices. It will be the 4G, 5G, 6G mobile networks that are the infrastructure for delivering the internet service to us, not the fibre cable to our houses.
    I don't think I will ever invest in Chorous.

Quote Originally Posted by The BOWMAN View Post
    I think UFB could be something that will be obsolete very soon. With the revolution of Mobile devices that they are fastly becoming mainstream devices for us to get online. I believe the business model of providing internet service will change soon. We want fast internet access everywhere, on every device. Be it your cellphone, your Google glass, your car, or your watch. We will want a single plan that covers all our internet traffic on all these devices. It will be the 4G, 5G, 6G mobile networks that are the infrastructure for delivering the internet service to us, not the fibre cable to our houses.
    I don't think I will ever invest in Chorous.
    I'm of an opposite opinion - mobile traffic while fast is not consistent/reliable, you will get spikes of speeds and it is variable depending on a number of different types of interference. There are MANY business applications that will utilize and/or currently require high-speed internet access which can't be used from a tablet/mobile device. The cost of upgrading infrastructure for the inevitable 5g, 6g will approach costs of UFB eventually.

I imagine 5g/6g etc in future would require fibre regardless anyway, as the bandwidth dispensed from cell towers needs to come from somewhere - over fibre links from exchanges/cabinets/ISP infrastructure anyway (opinion - I am not knowledgable about mobile infrastructure - if someone with more knowledge in this area would like to correct me, please do .

I believe that people don't see the benefits/appeal of fibre as 'broadband is fine for what I do now, so why do I need any faster?'. Whereas the argument is/should be, in my opinion, 'If i had fibre i COULD do these other things that I can't do now, which is why I should want it'.

If UFB is not done now, it will be revisited again in another 5-10-15-20 years and will be harder to do without the fibre "backbones" (underlying infrastructure) that current UFB deployment will give,and it will be at a greater cost as the new appliances/backbone hardware in future will be more expensive than currently to get the same level gear comparible to rest of world standards etc.

discl; not holding, would love to and would have bought a while ago but the regulatory risk was too great for me to enter. I still feel the govt will step in at some point and 'rescue' chorus. I should also mention i am biased due to being a competitive gamer for 10+ years, and a huge geek :P

/edit while I think of it - the cost of mobile data is astronomical - $10 for 500mb of 4g data, or $115 for 80gb of 100mbit fibre / $129 for unlimited 100mbit fibre? I know what i'd choose..
    Last edited by clip; 08-11-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAYAY View Post
    Can anyone please explain what on earth was the point of the regulator coming out with the figure he has when he must have known he was going to have to redo it all over using more applicable criteria per the FPP process as per Herald article.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11151998
    Please somebody.

IMO

Jayjay it is ludicrous i agree. My understanding is com/com have a vey narrow frame of reference which doesnt include sensible things like can chorus operate on this lower fig?. Com/com was looking at what other "similar " countries are charging eg norway and comparing. If you do a bit of research you will understand better, I saw a piece saying regulators due for modernization/ shakeup. I hate to think how much this simple but faulty decision has cost to arrive at.

IMO

snapiti maybe you should take your ramping know all style to somewhere like Hotcopper where you will fit in perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    snapiti maybe you should take your ramping know all style to somewhere like Hotcopper where you will fit in perfectly.
    What you on about? seems very reasonable/ plausible to me

Advanced Member

The report will hopefully be finished by the end of the year. Nothing's going to be done by the govt until then. Many trading days to go where speculation and uncertainty is rife. Only when the fog is clearing would I buy in again.

IMO

Snapiti Tools are useful and we all have something to contribute so i ignore noone on sharetrader atp but plenty oh H/C. But when people start using words like "massive" "good time to start to pick up a few, 5 k now but be prepared to back yourself and purchase more if the down trend continues"

"This makes CNU a good buy at $2 and a SCREAMING buy at $1.75" etc etc; i see the opinion is becoming opinionated turning into advice like a fresh morningstar recc.
    its great to have a strong conviction on something and good luck to you averaging down to $1.45; maybe its a winner but chasing down falling prices is not a good strategy; for Newbies esp. .Newbies need to be aware of "advice" on forums and remember its YOUR money you are putting at risk.

Sharetrader is an invaluable TOOL to share on ;just when someone slips from opinion to advising be careful with your hard-earned lucre ;unless you KNOW and trust that person well..

It is easy to slip from an opinion ;to advising when one has had some success and have a "DO IT LIKE I DO"" Ego ;human nature, i know ive done it.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 09-11-2013 at 10:21 AM.

It's all cool, guys and gals.

Sharetrader is all care and no responsibility - learn to differentiate between those with genuine intent and those who are here simply to suck the newies and the naives in.

Read PEB vs Snakk - you will know what I mean.

Have a great weekend, everyone!