sharetrader
Page 370 of 764 FirstFirst ... 270320360366367368369370371372373374380420470 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 7633

Welcome back Moosie (well, nearly). I agree - if this retreats to 1.5/1.6 etc, I'll definitely be buying more. Although things seem to have re-rated a bit, and I doubt it will head under 2c, but then again stranger things have happened. You so realise that if you sit around waiting for it to drop, you may miss out on the next jump if an announcement comes out. What's that old adage about "time in" the market rather than "timing" the market?

Quote Originally Posted by Rego55 View Post
    Thanks for the link there Gr8day. I'm a new entrant to the share market having only really started trying to put together my own portfolio in the last month or so. I've read a lot of commentary on Blis with great interest. John Tagg was my lecturer when I studied for a zoology degree at Otago in the mid to late '90s. I took a few papers in microbiology and one or two pre-med papers. Professor Tagg was, without doubt, the lecturer that had the most profound effect on me and I remember him vividly. I assisted with Blis as did all of his students who agreed to take oral swabs to before/after taking the Blis formula. At least, I think that's how it worked - it was a long time ago. Anyway, I remember thinking back then that it seemed revolutionary and am proud to be a shareholder now. You're right to point out also, that investing in Blis goes beyond just looking for a monetary return - what they do could be very important for us as humans. The gentleman who died the other day after coming back from Vietnam is a terrifying example of what can happen.
    .......my pleasure REGO and good to have someone on board with maybe a better understanding behind the science (which is, after all, what we're trying to sell to the world).
    Yes Professor Tagg certainly sounds like a man with tremendous foresight and vision........I think one day mankind will be extremely grateful for his on-going efforts......I hope he is well rewarded (acknowleged).
    Have a Gr8day.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    this will be a buy and hold as well, not trading
    The taming of Moosie!

Advanced Member

Gr8day, I'm not sure of the relationship of Blis and superbugs. Anitbiotics are mainly aimed at bugs that penetrate the body via a wound or whatever, I believe. I imagine they can certainly get in there via the mouth, but I wouldn't pick that as the main entry point. However, the general need for hygiene and protection would seem likely to push probiotics, and oral ("gateway to the body") seems likely to pick up on that desire.

Personally, I can't believe that we're running out of anhtibiotics and yet the free-marketeers who run most governments are still pushing for the free market to solve it! I'm surprised they don't think the free market should be left to deal with wars too - "Oh look, there's tanks in the street outside. Won't be long before some entrepreneur deals with it! Top hole, what?"

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    Gr8day, I'm not sure of the relationship of Blis and superbugs.
    The problem with Antibiotics from my limited understanding is that we take far to many of them, so when we really need them, they use is more limited.

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    Gr8day, I'm not sure of the relationship of Blis and superbugs. Anitbiotics are mainly aimed at bugs that penetrate the body via a wound or whatever, I believe. I imagine they can certainly get in there via the mouth, but I wouldn't pick that as the main entry point. However, the general need for hygiene and protection would seem likely to push probiotics, and oral ("gateway to the body") seems likely to pick up on that desire.

Personally, I can't believe that we're running out of anhtibiotics and yet the free-marketeers who run most governments are still pushing for the free market to solve it! I'm surprised they don't think the free market should be left to deal with wars too - "Oh look, there's tanks in the street outside. Won't be long before some entrepreneur deals with it! Top hole, what?"
    ...hi Simla. Well MY understanding is that is precisely what is happening (running out of antibiotics) as evidenced by the evolution of the "SUPERBUG"......there are no known antibiotics that can resist these nasties.........so maybe all too late for our generation(s) but if mankind survives long enough and becomes smart enough (not that you have to be very clever) and acknowledges the implications of freely prescribing ABs (the pills!) then maybe we will look at things differently by preventive measures instead ie strengthening our oWn immune systems by strengthening the "good bacteria brigade"........giving us a chance naturally. This can be done by taking Blis. Remember oral infections have been linked to heart and inflammation issues ALSO......
    Have a Gr8day.

Advanced Member

I had a look at resistent pneumonia, which doesn't have to enter the body. Blis may help with that, as an example. The two ways you catch pneumonia are from droplets from other people and from complications from bacteria already in your mouth. Blis would appear to help with either of those. Also, a weakened immune system opens the door to pneumonia too, and Blis helps strengthen immune systems we're told.

So you may be right. However, a bit of a challenge for Blis to demonstrate the effect! Still, if it helps regardless of public claims that would certainly be good.

....not to mention the link between recurring STREP THROAT and RHEUMATIC FEVER .......(currently a NZ goverment study is underway in Kawerau involving over 1500 school children to explore this)

PLUS (and this alone could be huge).......a strong correlation between poor oral health (gum disease, tooth decay) and ALZHEIMERS. Brain studies have shown that the release of bad oral bacteria from these 2 oral health issues, enter the blood stream then enter the brain to cause the death of healthy neurons. Just imagine if/when this sort of info' reaches the masses by way Doctor Oz or similar?!! Could and should happen IMHO.
    Have a Gr8day.

Ive been following this thread for a while, some informative posts, thankyou. However until they make some money i probably wont be investing, to many times they have been about to break into this market or sell this without it happening.
    However i may get some on speculation if it drops to under say 1.5ish.
    Keep up the informative postings though.

Banned

You are on to it Goldfinger.... every year for the last 6 at least... its been could ev should ev would ev... but.. oops... I can not see 2.2 c being sustainable unless we get real news.. will buy at 1.2c approx.... look at the 2 year chart... why people paid 3 c is beyond me...