sharetrader
Page 649 of 876 FirstFirst ... 149549599639645646647648649650651652653659699749 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,490 of 8751

Thread: Gold

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    ""Gold is one of the most peculiar elements ever discovered, with a value that far exceeds its practical usefulness.""

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...s-of-gold.aspx
    Skol did you read the small bit on the first fusion breakthrough where in the lab they got more energy out than was put in. This piece was on Kitco. This was achieved by using GOLD in the process. So if that turns out to be so then GOLD will in fact be the most useful of all elements in the practical world.
    digger

I did not read that, Digger, is the gold destroyed or totally used up in that process, or can it be re-used.?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    I did not read that, Digger, is the gold destroyed or totally used up in that process, or can it be re-used.?
    As a farmer I would say I am not tooo well read in what happens in the fusion process. Have not got a clue. Just noted the article.
    digger

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    As a farmer I would say I am not tooo well read in what happens in the fusion process. Have not got a clue. Just noted the article.
    digger

Default Gold looking like it's going to break free 1330>>>

Here you go "Fusion power breakthrough"

http://www.kitco.com/ind/Albrecht/20...akthrough.html

Also AUD gold just $20 more to go to break past $1500oz (anyone that followed AUD GOLD knows this was a huge milestone couple years back)
    Last edited by JBmurc; 24-02-2014 at 10:25 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

That's incredibly exciting, more so for the science than it is for my gold stocks for me. 1336 at present!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Also AUD gold just $20 more to go to break past $1500oz (anyone that followed AUD GOLD knows this was a huge milestone couple years back)
    Dow up 186, should sell all that silver while you can still get something for it and buy real companies that make real things.

What happened to the great meltdown? lol

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/...may-be-fading/
    Last edited by Skol; 25-02-2014 at 07:52 AM.

going isn't going down anymore so now you've changed tactic to silver Skol? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Dow up 186, should sell all that silver while you can still get something for it and buy real companies that make real things.

What happened to the great meltdown? lol

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/...may-be-fading/
    Yeah make real things out of real materials silver being one ya fool
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

The recent $1330 high was eclipsed with ease last night with gold up over 1%, currently trading $1337. Yesterday I mentioned $1330 was to be broken this week, however even I was surprised it was surpassed on its first attempt. A report out of Bank of America (BOA) talked about the flow of buyers & sellers had flipped from earlier in this gold rally. Previously we saw Asia buying & the West selling overnight. Since gold & equities have been running together for the last three weeks or so, the opposite has been true, and there lies the conundrum. Equities & gold do not generally run in the same direction for long. The last time this occurred for any sustainable period was before the credit crunch, and we all know what happened there. Overnight the S&P managed to just break through the 1850 record highs & NASDAQ to 14 year highs. So what is fuelling this optimism? The last couple of weeks it was bad weather impacting the data, hence the weak numbers had been dismissed. Last night it was talk of M&A activity. Reports I have read say something similar to the following. Well if there is M&A activity then perhaps the market isn't overvalued? The market is looking for re-assurance, never a good sign. Sure there could be M&A activity & I am sure other companies will be swallowed at record valuations, because that has never happened before... What this reminds me of, is the gold market in 2009/10, when gold producers wanted to expand no matter what the cost. Bigger was better & all discipline went out the window. Greed & ego will do that & we are again seeing this side of human nature reflected in the US equity markets. Sure they may go higher, fuelled by what I just described. However it will come unstuck imo & without any doubt in my mind. If anyone thinks that equity markets should be at record levels, considering the on-going economic turmoil around the globe & massive sovereign debt of the West & Japan, they need to get their head read. Obviously there is some agreement with this argument, as stated early in the piece, gold is being bought overnight by the West (paper). What this tells me is the smart money is picking gold to keep going & break free of the equity markets. It is widely reported that Soros allegedly has taken a massive short position on the US equity markets & some time ago did the opposite in gold miners. We all know how the latter position must be doing! As I said the smart money... Happy trading. Daytr
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.